Cannon Cues of England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon Cues of England

I have just bought a lovely old 3/4 ash cue on ebay. The seller put in his listing that he paid around £300 for the cue back in 1990 and the cue looked really nice in the listing. I haven't received it yet as it was only sent yesterday. I just wondered if anyone on the forum could tell me the history of Cannon cues? Thanks.

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

The old original Cannon Cues were a Midlands based company around about the same time as Aeon and very similiar in build quality the best ones ( which means you won't need your Aeon Special anymore ;-) )and also pretty sure they were linked to Peradon, the Cannon name is still used today but now made in the far east i think, don't know anymore than this really mate.

Comment

Does it have the old "billiard balls" badge and not the new cannon badge?
      Can you share the ebay reference or some photos when you get it?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good point there were quite a few badges as i remember the older ones having a white badge with cannon cues ltd made in england around the outside with a cannon picture in the middle.
        Last edited by CueAntW147; 14 July 2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, the eBay listing was 140787750361 and it ended last Monday I think, I only paid £75 and was the only bidder. Ant is right about the badge as you can see on the listing, it's a white badge exactly as Ant described. The seller told me that there were only 100 made of this cue and that the side grain was dead straight and it has nice arrows and is dead straight!! Seems a good price for £75 hope I can use it as its only 57 in long!
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
            Good point there were quite a few badges as i remember the older ones having a white badge with cannon cues ltd made in england around the outside with a cannon picture in the middle.
            I had one about 10 yrs ago with the same badge as mentioned above, It was a superb cue, Very heavy, I sold it to a team member on my pool team for button's £60 then after a two year time out with the team i went to watch them and catch up with a few buddie's, Was in the Bar area watching the premiere snooker laegue on the telly and all i heard was this all mighty crack, The guy i sold it to lost his head ond smashed it to bitz. I was gutted He still regret's it today

Comment

Is it the same company that made the canon match cue ?

=------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
                I had one about 10 yrs ago with the same badge as mentioned above, It was a superb cue, Very heavy, I sold it to a team member on my pool team for button's £60 then after a two year time out with the team i went to watch them and catch up with a few buddie's, Was in the Bar area watching the premiere snooker laegue on the telly and all i heard was this all mighty crack, The guy i sold it to lost his head ond smashed it to bitz. I was gutted He still regret's it today
                Always sad to hear great cues coming to an end like that, these cues were very good based on the ones i've seen, only thing is the finish was different to the modern standards we see today so might need some varnish/lacquer taking off as usually quite heavy on the butts, although it doesn't bother everyone.

Comment

Make's it even worse if they were only 100 made in the said style as Ant and Oldgit say

Comment

Well, according to the seller it weighs 500gms which is 17.6 oz so the weight seems fine
                    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                      Well, according to the seller it weighs 500gms which is 17.6 oz so the weight seems fine
                      might be right as joints usually at 11" or 12" on these, so less ebony.
                      Last edited by CueAntW147; 14 July 2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Cannon Cues of England

I think about 91 they made the cues with the billiard ball badges. I remember they had a hurricane and whirlwind available. The whirlwind was jointed at 16" and the hurricane 12". Retailed at 125 for the whirlwind and 95 for the hurricane approx. good cues back then

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
                          I think about 91 they made the cues with the billiard ball badges. I remember they had a hurricane and whirlwind available. The whirlwind was jointed at 16" and the hurricane 12". Retailed at 125 for the whirlwind and 95 for the hurricane approx. good cues back then
                          A friend has a cue with the billiard ball badge, two whites (spot on one) and a red one; and was told that it was a Cannon cue but no other information.
                          It was a cue of whole ash, i.e. no splicing at all. and had a very short screw-in butt, if I remember it was very short less than 12".
                          Does this sound familiar to either of these models you mention?
                          Photo6.jpgPhoto4.jpgPhoto3.jpgPhoto2.jpgPhoto1.jpg
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                          X