Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth to get a John Parris Ultimate cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Samling View Post
    Two dozen. OMG. Parris cue's materials are very good but the splicework are not that good as they were.
    I looking for a decent shaft and not immaculate splicings. Shaft is what you pay in ultimate cue not splicings. Splicing is secondary. Plain ebony is top notch.

Comment

Originally Posted by x53 View Post
      I looking for a decent shaft and not immaculate splicings. Shaft is what you pay in ultimate cue not splicings. Splicing is secondary. Plain ebony is top notch.
      What bull. With an " ultimate" nameplate and the price being asked i would expect nothing less than perfection.

Comment

You cannot tell how a shaft will play just by looking at it. Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably buying and selling cues

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
          Go for a Mike Wooldridge, I have seen five TW cues and only one was any good (in my opinion).
          MW craftmanship is better and although dearer than TW they are around the same as a JP.
          I got my TW and it was shockingly well made. I would say top class.
          Had a hit with lots if JP round clubs but not ultimates and they were average.

Comment

What a load of sh!t you talk eh.. 'kin ell mun...

I've never come across anybody that talks out off their backside as much as you do aye fella, I really havn't.

Your'e a COCK fairplay to ya...
            Last edited by cally; 20 February 2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Well in response to the question is it worth it I'd say in any cue worth it?

For me the positives with Parris Ultimate cues is simple, yes they cost a lot but you are guaranteed as good a cue as you can get, if you don't like it, can't get on with it etc, he will remake the cue for you until you are satisified. Then failing that you can always sell it on and again its a positive because of the very long waiting list you can near enough guarantee you will not only sell it quickly but in all likelyhood you'll make a decent profit on it as well, so long as specs are within the normal range. So for me the positives outweigh the negatives, sure there are other cue makers who can make you a similar standard cue for less but a good selling point is the fact that so many pros use Ultimate cues and that is a good sign if they are good enough for pros they are good enough for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                Never heard anyone knock trevors craftsmanship before!
                He does make nice looking cues and many are very happy with them. I just don't think they are quite up to MW standard. But then what cues are?

If you have enough money then I would go for a MW cue.

Look at how many TW and JP cues end up for sale compared to Mike's. People seem to keep them longer.

Comment

I'd go for a Dan shelton myself see, never see them for sale do ya....

... errr, hang on.......

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post

... errr, hang on.......
                    Good point.
                    I'll just send him some money now. Guaranteed to never miss a ball with one of those!

Comment

... errr, hang on.......
                      Your not having mine

If I had the money I'd choose Mike but that's partly because he seems to have my philosophy on life "if it ain't broke, fix it anyway" :P
                      Brass works fine, so let's make it better, that pro only made a 147 with a leather tip? That'll never do!

Always room for improvement and heres to innovation from the man in a shed! I mean workshop...

Still want to try one of these Blackspin things but need to settle on what cue I'm using first.
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I wouldn't pay the price for an ultimate, but that's just me, people seem to buy them in hope of making money and usually they do and ppl think they will keep going up in price over the years, hmmm, i dunno.. what if the bubble bursts and ppl realise there are many top cuemakers out there and the bottom fallls out from the value of parris in years too come, who's to say they are gonna be worth silly money in years to come?

IMO his rep is built from the earlier days when he was one of few people making 'top' cues, but ow there are many top makers and maybe the bubble will burst with parris cues in future...

What i'm getting at is. don't buy a modern one in the hope it will be worth the same as the old ones we see going for big money from time to time now because his more modern ones won't bring the same money in years too come....IMO of course and just a theory i got i guess...lol.

Talking sh!te again in i...
                        Time for bed me thinks....

Comment

I wouldn't pay the price for an ultimate, but that's just me, people seem to buy them in hope of making money and usually they do and ppl think they will keep going up in price over the years, hmmm, i dunno.. what if the bubble bursts and ppl realise there are many top cuemakers out there and the bottom fallls out from the value of parris in years too come, who's to say they are gonna be worth silly money in years to come?

IMO his rep is built from the earlier days when he was one of few people making 'top' cues, but ow there are many top makers and maybe the bubble will burst with parris cues in future...

What i'm getting at is. don't buy a modern one in the hope it will be worth the same as the old ones we see going for big money from time to time now because his more modern ones won't bring the same money in years too come....IMO of course and just a theory i got i guess...lol.

Talking sh!te again in i...
                          Time for bed me thinks....
                          Skin cock sucker .

Comment

Skin cock sucker .
                            What on earth is wrong with you? Do you have such a sad little life you have to go round throwing insults at people just because they have differing views to you?
                            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

What a load of sh!t you talk eh.. 'kin ell mun...

I've never come across anybody that talks out off their backside as much as you do aye fella, I really havn't.

Your'e a COCK fairplay to ya...
                              Nothing wrong with me but something wrong with this fella.

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
                                Go for a Mike Wooldridge, I have seen five TW cues and only one was any good (in my opinion).
                                MW craftmanship is better and although dearer than TW they are around the same as a JP.
                                I,m amazed at this , i,ve owned several dozen T W cues and and seen many more and have never come across a bad one , some a bit special but not a bab one at all .

Comment

Working...
                                X