This cue making lark ain't easy - my attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you type the wrong length Rogi?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Did you type the wrong length Rogi?
      No, but I thought they did lol

Comment

It's very nice ,I love the classic look. Was it for a young un, or a short arse lol.

Comment

It's very nice ,I love the classic look. Was it for a young un, or a short arse lol.
          I believe it's for their partner

Comment

That's realy nice mate a like that darker ash

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
              That's realy nice mate a like that darker ash
              Cheers bud, I like a more pronounced grain

Comment

Dus that mean darker to us non cue makers ? My cue is darker ash

Comment

Hi RogiBear, Congratualtions on your work! You must be a natural judging by those pictures. Will you be making a maple soon???
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                    Hi RogiBear, Congratualtions on your work! You must be a natural judging by those pictures. Will you be making a maple soon???
                    Cheers Bud, I would like to try maple at some point but I won't be making any more cues until after xmas

Comment

Well it has been a little while since I've updated the thread been busy with uni work so haven't had the time to do much.

This is the first of my numbered cues -001 and I've made it for myself hence the Amboyna (my favourite) and it's also my first 3/4 cue (split at 16"). Just bought a lovely oxblood leather cheddar classics case for it to live in.

I have to admit I can't take credit for all the work as Andy Travis helped me out with the jointing and Jim Evans turned an oversize butt blank for me as I'm still without a lathe. Everything else though was done by me, ie shaft, splice-work and finish.

The ebony splices are highlighted with thin red veneers, and the Amboyna with curly maple and red veneer. Also the shaft splices were made a little longer so my chin would rest on the smoother ebony 24"to top of splices.

Length: 57 3/4"
                      Tip: 9.5mm
                      Butt: 30mm
                      Weight:18.7oz
                      Balance point:17 3/4"

Pics below:
                      Last edited by RogiBear; 24 April 2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Looks very good. Nice work a new part-time job looming perhaps?

Comment

Very nice Rogi. Never seen that hint of colour above the fingers before, it's nice.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                            Looks very good. Nice work a new part-time job looming perhaps?
                            Don't know about that, just something I enjoy doing atm

Very nice Rogi. Never seen that hint of colour above the fingers before, it's nice.
                            I wanted something a little different, probably not to everyones taste but I like it

Comment

This cue making lark ain't easy - my attempts

Good work mate - That shaft looks like a cracker, just how I like them. How does it play?
                              On Cue Facebook Page
                              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                                Good work mate - That shaft looks like a cracker, just how I like them. How does it play?
                                Cheers, not sure yet, literally finished it today. I also won't know for a few weeks, our league hasn't finished yet (two matches to go) and we have a chance to win it so don't want to use a different cue yet. I also have my exams starting next week for four weeks so no time to practice. Gutted is an understatement

Comment

Working...
                                X