No announcement yet.

Pool competition ideas for 10 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As INE says under Win/Loss have the number of matches and then have you could have Points Won/Point Lost columns if you need and then the total column.

As you have shown, the perfect storm

2way-tie - as mentioned use the result of the match of the two players concerned.

3way-tie - this is tough because you are only have one game per match, as usually the games won minus games lost is used. If still tied it usually goes by total points scored minus total points scored against.
    But this wont work with only one game per match.

Thinking on this, anyone else any suggestions

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yeh it is tricky.
      One thought i had is to go on "ball difference" or "balls potted", however that is going to be a bit of overhead to record it and potentially unnecessary so i'd rather a simpler option!
      Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by collinsc View Post
        Yeh it is tricky.
        One thought i had is to go on "ball difference" or "balls potted", however that is going to be a bit of overhead to record it and potentially unnecessary so i'd rather a simpler option!
        Thanks
        I thought about the very same last night "balls potted, balls left" and the like and finally fell asleep
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I thought about the very same last night "balls potted, balls left" and the like and finally fell asleep
          😆 yeh it's one to keep you awake!.
          Coin toss is only other one i've thought of, or something fun like "paper, scissor, stone"

Comment

I've had a brainwave for a different tournament...
            What i didn't specify in my original post is that what we want to get to really is placing all 10 players...

Option 1 is what i've been talking about up to now will give a winner, runner-up, third and fourth place, it will then also leave 3 players from each group which we can probably differentiate by points to a degree.

Option 2 i thought of is we could simply have a game of killer... i.e. 3 lives each, extra life for the black.

Option 2 will be quicker, easier to co-ordinate, simpler identification of placement i.e. first out is 10th place etc, easier for non-pool players to not need to understand any complexities of fouls etc, and will be more inclusive in that we will all be around the same table

This would mean we could all make use of the 3 tables say for an hour just to mess around, and then have the killer tournament.

Welcome any thoughts!

Comment

What about a timed six red clearance between tied players, like they do on the pool on the telly, it's good to watch.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yeh that’s a great idea if I decide to go with the group format

Comment

had another thought on the suggestion of a timed 6 red clearance; some of the players may take 10mins to clear! But i could use the idea for say 3 balls, or even a play-off with just the black

Comment

Penalty shootout on the black. Alternate goes, five attempts each, sudden death if it's a draw.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks - another good idea.

Comment

Hi.

So, i've decided I will go with the Killer pool idea.

I just wanted to check one element of how the game is played. It has been that long since i played that i cant remember.

The question is what happens at the end of the game when there are 2 players left and they both have 1 life. My recollection of the rule is below... (not very succinct!)

Advice appreciated!
                        End Game: The winner must play at least as many shots as the last person out (So, for Instance, if when it comes down to the final 2 players and if both players have 1 life remaining, then if the first player misses then the second player still has to pot).
                        If in this situation the second player misses then those 2 players continue in this manner until either player 1 pots and player 2 doesn't, or player 1 doesn’t pot and player 2 does.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X