Live Pool from Great Yarmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Pool from Great Yarmouth

This weekend (20th-22nd Feb) will see CueSport TV’s first live broadcast of 2009. The Universities Pool Council 8-ball Pool Championships will be streamed live online across all three days.

The tournament is the largest in the University pool calendar and it is anticipated that over 450 budding 8-ball players will be involved in the individual and team championships. The man to beat is CueSport TV regular Richard Wharton who is the defending individual champion and number 1 seed.

For the first time in a live event CueSport TV will be providing live graphical scoring and at least two camera angles to enhance the viewing pleasure. In addition live commentary will be available all weekend from Pete Williams and a selection of the players in the venue.

The event is free to all registered CueSport TV viewers, who will be required to login to the channel in order to watch. Joining CueSport TV is also free and simply requires an email address and password.

This is the first of many live events planned for 2009 from the company as it develops it’s portfolio of quality pool and snooker events.
    You need to register at www.cuesport.tv, I tried to but it didn't work... I think they have some problems with people registering if everyone has the same problem so nobody will be watching online.

Source: http://cuesporttv.com/blog/

bongo

Cheers, Bongo. I'm already registered and a bit torn between watching this or the snooker, I have to admit! The biggest drawback to watching on cuesport.tv is the commentator, Pete Williams, who is the worst commentator I've ever heard!!! He is truly dreadful! However, with no sound and the way frames can speed by in pool, it's difficult to know what's going on, so you've really got to have the sound on. It's a real dilemma!
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

When I tried to register a message kept coming up saying '-This field required' or something like that even though I filled in every box. Did it work for you?

bongo

Also, what's wrong with Pete Williams?!

Comment

are the county nationals going to be covered this weekend do you know?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shanghai Matt View Post
          are the county nationals going to be covered this weekend do you know?
          I'm not sure, but you can try to contact Pete Williams @ cuesport.tv

Comment

They had some problems with internet upload speeds at the venue so unfortunately couldn't broadcast live, but they were all recorded and the matches have started to appear today. Just search for BUCS.

See if you can spot me

Were there any other TSF'ers at this event I wonder? I know we've got a few students here.

Comment

I was there as Plymouth A team captain, have been to the previous two venues and this was the best by far. Didn't manage to get on cuesport though, ended up drawing with essex and then losing the 3 frame decider in the last 16. I will be missing University Pool next year..

Doing a Masters is tempting haha!

Comment

Oh God I forgot it was this weekend.
                All my players better turn up tonight!
                Some have a habit of vanishing the Thursday before!

Comment

most of the lads i know are all going today. saying that though bristols a fair treck!

Comment

Working...
                  X