Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool Questions

can you play a push shot it pool is a legal shot

what type of pool are you on about english or american??

if it is english if you have your cue at a 45 degree angle then yes its a legal shot... i think !!! also if it isnt at a angle and the opponent or ref doesnt see the white ball hit more than once it is legal.. wierd ruling i know and im not 100% that im correct
    solo 105

match 82

still waiting for that ton!

Comment

i was playing in a legue game last night and some one played a push shot so there was a big arguement about it i always thought you could play a push shot

Comment

It depends on the rules, but normally a push shot is a foul shot. English or American pool?
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

O. Push Shots and Double Hits
          1) DEFINITIONS: Generally, any shot played with speed will not be deemed to be a Push Shot regardless of the fact that the cue tip may have come into contact with the Cue Ball more than once.
          2) EXCEPTIONS that are Standard Fouls:-
          a) When, during the playing of a shot, the tip of the cue strikes the Cue Ball twice and the referee is able to actually see each contact.
          b) When, during the playing of a shot, a player plays the cue so slowly through the Cue Ball that the cue tip remains in contact with the Cue Ball so as to be visibly pushing it along.
          c) When the Cue Ball is played into a touching Object Ball.

taken from the official EPA website.

all rules available from here: http://www.epa.org.uk/wrules.php
          Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Push shots are allowed in World Rules as long as the shot is played at such a pace that a double hit cannot be seen.
            http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
              Push shots are allowed in World Rules as long as the shot is played at such a pace that a double hit cannot be seen.
              Exactly what I was going to say.

You still get the odd argument about it in the league though.
              The rule now makes it quite hard to call them. I saw one at the start of the season where the ball was pushed at a slowish pace with out a doubt a push in snooker but it didn't look to double hit. Oh we debated it for ages.
              One of those threatening to knock your head off debates.

I still jack the cue up to avoid them myself!

Comment

push shots in pool

hope this helps looked up my copy of world 8 ball rules 2007 edition
                push shots and double hits

1. definitions: most shots commonly known as "push shots" in the game of snooker are allowed in the game of 8 ball pool .generally, any shot played with speed will not be deemed to be a push shot regardless of the fact that the cue tip may have come in to contact with the cue ball more than once.

Exceptions that are standard fouls :-

A when, during the playing of a shot, the tip of the cue strikes the cue ball twice and the referee is able to actually see each contact .

B when during the playing of a shot , a player plays the cue so slowly through the cue ball that the cue tip remains in contact with the cue ball so as to be visibly pushing it along.

C when the cue ball is played in to a touching object ball.

Comment

So, push shots are not allowed, unless you play them fast!
                  Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Which is pretty silly. If you're stuck on a ball and play right through it, you necessarily double hit the cue ball or at least push it since you're so close to the oject ball. But I guess that's the kind of situation you can't really explain in a rule book.
                    sigpic

Want a graphic as a signature? Just ask me.

Comment

sorry but if by stuck on a ball you mean its a touching ball you must play away at least to angle of 90 degrees in world 8 ball rules anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X