Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the breakshot

hello everybody,

I'm new on this forum.I really appreciate snooker in my club in Belgium but I'm trying to learn also the american pool.I've foud ou that the breakshot is the most important,is that true?
    If yes, what can improve my breakshot?

All the answers would be appreciated

hi merry, welcome to the forum! I am sure the forum experts will help you, but just one thread in pool section should be enough
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Well, first of all, what's wrong with your break shot at the moment? Why do you think it needs to be improved?
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

the breakshot

my breakshot is not strong enought,I can't arrive to put more than two balls in the holes...With the american pool your breakshot must be more offensive,it's different with the snooker, where the breakshot is more defensive than offensive.That's why I wanted to know if the breakrak can improve my breakshot

Comment

Well, if you can pot 2 balls from the break, then you're already doing very well indeed. You're right, the break in US pool is very attacking, but if you can get 2 balls regularily, then you have a good break.

What is the "breakrak" and why do you think it can improve your break?

The best advice I've ever heard for the break is to aim to hit the middle ball in the 3rd row of the balls so as to really explode the pack. That works for me. Hit the cueball in the middle, aim directly at the front of the pack, try to hit the middle ball in the 3rd row and hit the white as fast as you can!
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

HEY Keith are you a pro pool player?
            You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Lol! No, but I'd have liked to be! Maybe if I'd started sooner or had the chance to play more often when I was younger ... Now, it's too late.

Comment

Lol i ask because I am a pro player. I mean I have played in few pro tournaments in my country. And I totally agree with your viewing of breakoff. Some players told me that best way to break is to hit the first ball in the pack with stun shot so that cue ball stay in the middle of the table... But I prefer to hit third ball... And I always get some ball in the pocket
                BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

So I got good advice, then.

Comment

exactlywell done
                    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Always listening, always ready to learn!!

Comment

Go the the website www.breakrak.com and you will see exactly what is the breakrak

www.breakrak.com

don't hesitate for giving me your opinion about this new way for improving its breakshot

Comment

200$?! way to expensive... And it is much more useful if you break off with real rack as you can see how the balls are responding... With this stuff you can only see cue ball... IMO waste of money
                          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

It looks like a gadget to me, and Americans really do love these kind of things. I think it's more important to spend time playing, getting comfortable with your technique, getting used to potting balls and putting spin on the white to see what you can do with it and developing your break as you develop your game.

Personally, I'd rather spend my money on playing and cues, but if you want to try it, go ahead.

Comment

the breakshot

thanks for your advices
                              has somebody already tested the breakrak?

Comment

Working...
                              X