the breakshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breakrak

what would you be ready to pay for the breakrak?

Comment

well to be honest with you I would never buy that one. If you wanna some gadgets then buy spider laser... That one sounds like useful cyber thing
      You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

The best way to practice your break is to rack the balls,break them,and then just watch where are the balls going. And then rack the balls,over and over again.
        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by merry View Post
          what would you be ready to pay for the breakrak?
          Honestly? I wouldn't pay for it at all.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
            The best way to practice your break is to rack the balls,break them,and then just watch where are the balls going. And then rack the balls,over and over again.
            This is true. Just remember, walking is good for you!
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Hi everyone
              I mainly play 8 ball and 9 ball here in Canada ( grew up with snooker) and I think you are all missing the purpose of the break rack. Although you may think of it as a gadget, it's main purpose is to help you with cue ball control on the break. You can not be consistent with you break unless you practice, practive, practive. It's a heck of a way to practice and just 10 minutes with the Break Rack ( about 40 break shots) is the equivilent of about 40 minutes with someone racking balls for you to do the same thing ( you wanna stand there as a helper for 40 minutes racking balls, I doubt it). Althought it's not a staple for players here, it's offered as an option. I know of one hall that will rent you a table with it set up for a 25% premium on table time)

Just trying to educate.

Comment

Originally Posted by cuetips View Post
                Hi everyone
                I think you are all missing the purpose of the break rack.
                Perhaps because most of us play snooker and not pool.

Comment

I still think that it is more useful if you rack the balls and break them. Because that is the real thing. I agree that with breakrak you can practice your cue ball control,but if you rack the balls you can see where you need to hit the rack to pocket some balls and how to hit the cue ball to stay in the middle of the table.... I am playing pool very seriously.... I also agree that it is annoying when you have to rack the balls all the time but that is the best way to practise breakoff shot...
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
                    I still think that it is more useful if you rack the balls and break them. Because that is the real thing. I agree that with breakrak you can practice your cue ball control,but if you rack the balls you can see where you need to hit the rack to pocket some balls and how to hit the cue ball to stay in the middle of the table.... I am playing pool very seriously.... I also agree that it is annoying when you have to rack the balls all the time but that is the best way to practise breakoff shot...
                    I totally agree with you, Marko, the instant feedback you get from actually breaking the balls and seeing what they do when you break in a certain way is the best way to learn and improve.

Once you know what your break can do and have mastered your style then yes,the breakrack might be useful, but I really don't believe we need labour-saving devices in pool.

Comment

Working...
                    X