Efren - One of the best shots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
    We have had this discussion before. The famous 3 cushion bank shot versus Strickland - he meant it. You can just tell by how he lines the shot up.

If he just wanted to escape from the snooker he could have slammed into it of 1 cushion. He risk's leaving the frame on far more the way he plays some of these. Why I wonder?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNCS...eature=related
    is this the one you ment?
    New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

Originally Posted by RaNeN View Post
      The break off shot is'nt a fluke! Almost every player tries to put the 1 ball in the centre pocket and maybe others have other ways of breaking. They also try to keep the cue ball in the centre of the table so that they get a good shot at the next ball on the table.

9 ball is'nt an easy game!
      Now, someone finaly speaks reasonable.

Comment

Originally Posted by matoski View Post
        If it's so easy, then join the 9-ball Eurotour, maybe you will win some tournament.
        I never said 9ball was easy, quite the contrary. No such thing as an easy cuesport game, it doesn't exist. I only said 14.1 was harder than 9ball and that most good players especially pro ones thought so. Funny you should mention Eurotour...top guys like Feijen and Souquet are brilliant 14.1 players and practice it a lot...go figure.
        By "decent amateurs" I did not mean myself even though I do play a lot, lol. I meant players who play almost up to pro standard. They really do get close to pro's sometimes at 9ball and cause upsets.

Comment

Originally Posted by RaNeN View Post
          The break off shot is'nt a fluke! Almost every player tries to put the 1 ball in the centre pocket and maybe others have other ways of breaking. They also try to keep the cue ball in the centre of the table so that they get a good shot at the next ball on the table.

9 ball is'nt an easy game!
          of course its a fluke....

any shot on cue sport table that means every ball moving is a fluke if a ball drops.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
            of course its a fluke....
            Which part of the break do you think is a fluke? They try (and usually succeed) to pot the 1ball in the centre pocket. When a players attempts a shot is it called a fluke?
            Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Whenever I see the break off shot a ball always goes in the bottom right pocket as I look but never seen one go into the middle *(Although at the speed theu hit it at it wouldnt surprise me)
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
              Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                Whenever I see the break off shot a ball always goes in the bottom right pocket as I look but never seen one go into the middle *(Although at the speed theu hit it at it wouldnt surprise me)
                If you break from the position nearest to one of the cushions then the break off is as you described. The one ball goes near to the bottom corner pockets. If you break off from a position which is in the midle between the cushion and the spot, then the one ball tends to go into the midle pocket.

Comment

Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                  If you break from the position nearest to one of the cushions then the break off is as you described. The one ball goes near to the bottom corner pockets. If you break off from a position which is in the midle between the cushion and the spot, then the one ball tends to go into the midle pocket.
                  Cheers for that. Ive never seen them break from the middle of the table only the side cushion so ill look out for that.
                  Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                  Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                    Cheers for that. Ive never seen them break from the middle of the table only the side cushion so ill look out for that.
                    I'm not talking about the midle, but the space between the midle and the cushion, which is somewhere arround 1/4 of the width of the table. If you break off from the middle the chance to pot a ball is very high, but the position of the white can't be controled. It's more like hit and hope kind of break off.

Comment

efren said about that shot "I got lucky" he didn't to pot but for hit the ball, this don't change he is one of the most complete billiard player ever. He play really good at 3 cushions, at snooker ( he beat some snooker player like o'sullivan, but he obviously said he can't beat them in a regular match,he long time ago at the question " What was your score"? He said " I don't know i potted all balls" he really don't know the game. He won an asian snooker tournament without know the rules, he learned it a little before the matches.
                      There is a nice video, take a look:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocXrswOU1o

sorry for my bad engl

Comment

Working...
                      X