Looking for a Pool Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Pool Table

Due to recent renovations I'm finally able to fulfill my dreams of having a slate bed pool table at home, I’m a pretty passionate pub league player who would like to be able to practice more often without having to go to my local pub which is about 5miles away so the best solution is to utilize the newly found space. The room is 12 1/2ft Wide By 21ft Long, so the questions are;

1. Do I go for a 6ft or 7ft Table?
    2. What type of table to go for?
    3. What type of cloth to have the table covered?

I look forward to you guys & gals suggestions

Rudger

Hi

Your room is a little tight for spacem widthwise. Ideally you need 13.5 ft for a 6ft table using a 57 inch cue. You can cut down on this by using a shorter cue when the need arises.

What type would depend on your budget. You will get a used coin op table reasonably cheap, but a new freeplay slate bed is quite affordable.

The best cloth is 6811 or Hainsworth Smart cloth. These are napped and very fast. You can get worsted cloth such as speedball or Simonis but this is more suitable for American pool tables.

Where are you located and what budget do you have? Send me a private message and I may be able to help.

Comment

As said abovethe size is about right, i think thats assuming a few inches on top of the cue each side for easier cueing. If you have a cue where the mini butt fits into the shaft you would not need a shorter cue.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I only use a short cue 48" I have been looking at new tables only I have a budget of about £1k to spend and im based in Worcestershire.

Thanks in advance

Rudger

Comment

Sorry abit off topic, but what cue do you use? Is it a proper pool cue or just a cheap pub type thing?

If its a pub type thing how about £840 for the table and £160 for a nice new cue to go with it

Comment

i might be able to help you with that mate.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i might be able to help you with that mate. adr147@hotmail.com
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, im currently using a custom made B&W Billiards Purple Haze cue designed to my specification I have been using a 48" cue since I was 8 years old I will stick with the cue I have got as it has served me well. im just looking for a table to help me practis.

Thanks In Advance

Rudger

Comment

Any chance of some cue pics? then some table pics when you get it
                  How tall are you using a 48" cue? Im 6"2 and i used a 56" cue for about 4 months and people cant understand how i potted anything with it. I personally have no problem playing with the mini butt on the shaft which must make my cue about 48" or less. I actually play just as well like that but it doesnt work on a snooker table because you'd need the rest for shots across the width of the table let alone the length lol

Comment

no problem, I dont play snooker very often but when i do I play with a longer cue with a larger tip. I enjoy playing snooker but its a fair trip to the nearest snooker table Im about 5'9 tall so im not the tallest to be honest. but as soon as the room is sorted I will post pics

Rudger

Comment

Sorry Guys I mucked up my measurements, My Cue is 48" long when I have my mini butt fitted and 53" when I have my usual Playing butt on.... Perhaps I should have measured my cue before Posting.

sorry I think im being a bit thick how do I post images?

Comment

search the web for "supreme winner" pool tables. theyre about £8-900, are pretty much the standard pool table for everything from pup league right up to pro, and if access is tight you can get them in kit form and assembled in situ.

Comment

Brand new 7ft OMEGA pool table. UK made. Very similar to the Supreme Winner. £ 725 Delivered. In stock. Balls, cues, chalk and triangle.

PM me if interested or you need further details. Payment with Paypal.

Comment

supreme winner all the way.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone, not really had chance to look for a table yet, the alterations to the room have been taking a lot more time than I expected, I think im going to go for a supreme winner in beech, but still not sure yet as to when I will get round to ordering it as still need to sort out a lot of electrical wiring and plastering to do first,

Will show pics of Cue and room when finally finished.

Rudger

Comment

Working...
                              X