Sefton Payne ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sefton Payne ...

I've recently been persuaded to play for the local pub UK 8ball team ... playing number 3 tonight, I was drawn against a chap called Sefton Payne and I thought he doesn't half look familiar and that name rings a bell but I couldn't work out why ... I asked him too and he didn't know why either ...

It's only when I got back home and Googled, I realised I'd been watching him on the Oracle 2008 tour on www.cuesport.tv only last week ...

anyone else played one of the top players in the land without realising who he was?

Yeah, it's happened to me twice, I once played Rob McKenna, who at one time was the only player to have won the world eightball pool title twice.

Then I later played Rob Chiltern, something to do with rob's I think.

Comment

Sefton played well in that particular tournament but when I was chatting with him after his match he said he actually comes from an amateur snooker background. Nobody in the tournament knew who he was either. Needless to say his handicap changed for the next event.
      Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
      Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

A few years ago mate of mine played in a squash league just outside of London. He played against a guy who looked familiar. When he asked him where he knew him from he said "Did you watch the squash at the Commonwealth games?". My mate said he did to which the guy replied "I won it!". It was Peter Nicol helping out the club he was playing at when they were a man short. My mate was delighted to take a point off him.
        “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Sefton Payne ..The only player to have had two Maximums (147s) back to back. Now back playing trying to make it...

Comment

Originally Posted by hotshot147 View Post
            Sefton Payne ..The only player to have had two Maximums (147s) back to back. Now back playing trying to make it...
            no wonder I lost to him at UK 8ball - just glad I didn't play him at snooker

it's a strange coincidence you should post on this 9 month old thread though ... I saw him only last weekend at Riley's Staines playing in the final of a UK 8ball doubles tournament whilst I was waiting for a snooker table ... I only watched one frame but he hit a lovely (and difficult) run-out

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
              I've recently been persuaded to play for the local pub UK 8ball team ... playing number 3 tonight, I was drawn against a chap called Sefton Payne and I thought he doesn't half look familiar and that name rings a bell but I couldn't work out why ... I asked him too and he didn't know why either ...

It's only when I got back home and Googled, I realised I'd been watching him on the Oracle 2008 tour on www.cuesport.tv only last week ...

anyone else played one of the top players in the land without realising who he was?
              Not quite not knowing who they were, but I'm mates with 007 and practice at the club where he began his career = NE Derbys Snooker Centre, Clay Cross. A few years ago, just before the World Champs, Marco Fu came along to the club to play Nige in a best of 19 practice session. I ended up playing Marco's dad, Willy Fu, on the next table.

Nige lost 10 - 7 and I won 8 - 5, so on the day it was England v Hong Kong 15 all!!!

Played a pro-pool player Steve Daykin? (from London I think) in an exhibition at our local pub once and beat him twice for a fiver - that was a laugh, but he took it well!:snooker:

Comment

Played a pro-pool player Steve Daykin? (from London I think) in an exhibition at our local pub once and beat him twice for a fiver - that was a laugh, but he took it well!:snooker:

[/QUOTE]

Steve Daking, he was or still is the world trick shot champion!

He runs Mr pools with his dad in elmstead market near colchester, he's a very good coach aswell.
                Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1580918

Which of these two is Sefton?

P.S - First frame is 20 mins don't start watching it!!

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1580918

Which of these two is Sefton?

Sefton is the chap in the white shirt ...

Comment

sefton

he still plays snooker occaisionally in the reading and district snooker league for caversham working mens club - class act

Comment

I've just watched this all the way through.. strange concession by Sefton in the last frame. Think that was a best of 5/7 match, quite lengthy - over an hour.

Comment

u reckon

Originally Posted by hotshot147 View Post
                          Steve Lee has had 3 on the spin!

Parrott, Dale and a few more have had back to back 147s

where do people get this false info from?

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                            Well i did watch it and oh my god !!!!
                            how long does it take him to play a shot
                            (and still plays it badly)
                            i think he needs a slap

Comment

verry good player i play with him on tee same team in the hays league part of the aces one of the best i have seen

Comment

Working...
                              X