Break shot English 8 Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
    Right, i know what you mean. I had the same situation. I'll go into it.

The away team were on black, we had 2 yellows left. They had played the black and it was literally hanging on the pocket. Our player then went to play and potted a yellow into the opposite corner pocket. As he walked around for his next shot the black dropped. Now he was no where near the table as he was walking round. The away team presumed they had won. This is incorrect. In a situation like this then the black is simply replaced back to the position to where it dropped. But! Had our player been taking a shot, or the balls were in motion and the black went down then this they would of won. So if your player was playing or balls were in motion, then its a foul. If the balls had stopped then the red ball should of been replaced.

But frankly if the table was so bad and was wobbling you are within your rights to not even play. I turned up to a table once that if you played the cueball to the opposite corner pocket you could hit the middle of the bottom cushion....worst set table ever!

hi there
    sorry but in world rules thats incorrect.

if any ball should fall without being hit all balls are to be replaced to their original positions. this is regardless or whether balls are moving or not when the ball falls.

from the EPA website

# Balls Falling Without Being Hit

1. Any ball that falls into a pocket at any time, without being struck, shall be replaced by the Referee to its original position, no penalty. Time will be re-started and the player in control continues with the visit.
    2. Should any ball fall into the pocket after a shot is played and before balls come to rest, providing the fallen ball played no part in the shot, once all other balls have stopped moving, it shall be replaced as described above.
    1. If a legal pot was made play continues with the same visit.
    2. If no pot was made play continues with the next visit.
    3. If a foul was made then the next player will continue with the appropriate penalty.
    3. Should any ball fall into the pocket after a shot is played, but before balls come to rest, and the fallen ball would have been struck, then the Referee will replace all balls to their original positions
    1. If no infringements of the rules were committed during the shot, or if the cue ball is potted as a result of a ball falling that the cue ball would have otherwise hit, the player who played will replay the shot or may play a different shot
    2. If any foul was committed (other than as defined in a) above) then the next player will continue with the appropriate penalty.
    Always looking to improve.

Comment

Working...
    X