looking for accurate bubble level for pool table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for accurate bubble level for pool table

ive been snooping around the web looking for an acurate level and i can only seem to find the big yellow spirit levels, i no there are more accurate levels out there i just dont know what there called can any1 help?? x
    tha what!

depends what your using it for,for real accuracy you can't beat a water level.

Comment

Originally Posted by flame View Post
      depends what your using it for,for real accuracy you can't beat a water level.
      level the slate after more research ive come accross a bull eye level think thats about ma best bet tbh
      tha what!

Comment

i have herd about levels used on airport runways, think i might have seen 1 on ebay once, dont know how good it would be though !

Comment

when i had my table fitted the guy who fitted it used one of these and the guy who releveled the clubs tables used one also. ebay item no 190343848877 an moore and wright engineers level these are very accurate

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
            when i had my table fitted the guy who fitted it used one of these and the guy who releveled the clubs tables used one also. ebay item no 190343848877 an moore and wright engineers level these are very accurate
            ya this is the kind of thing im looking for lil expensive tho

i have orderd a bulls eye ;evel they cheap gunna see how accurate it is if i want better i will consider sumthing like that deffo!! cheers
            tha what!

Comment

Looks a good level but the one i seen was a big circular one, bit like a UFO !
              (no not been smoking welsh fags) but if i remember it went for over £100.

Comment

If you want a good builders level get a Sandvik. If you want real accuracy, use an engineers level.

A Sandvik will cost far more than the cheap yellow ones. I still have my old Sandvik. Must be 55 years old now.
                :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                  Looks a good level but the one i seen was a big circular one, bit like a UFO !
                  (no not been smoking welsh fags) but if i remember it went for over £100.
                  ye thats called a bulls eye level i have a (cheap) 1 coming :snooker:
                  tha what!

Comment

For very accurate spirit levels, you need to look into the ones used to set up precision mills/lathes/machines etc blah blah blah......These are generally known as machinists levels. Starrett are one of the better companies for these and you might want to check their site out. Something like a model 199 15" level that I own is about 10 times more sensitive/accurate than even the very best carpenters/builders levels and is accurate to within 0.04mm (1/20th of a mm) over a 1 metre length. If a deviation less than this is making you miss the pots, hit them a bit harderand they are bound to go in!!:snooker:

These things aren't cheap though plus they are quite heavy being generally made from fancy-recipe cast irons so posting the things any distance would be expensive.........

Besides, a good contractors level is plenty accurate enough for table levelling I should think although you could make an exception for very very fine/fast cloths..... Mind you I still use my Starrett (I'm a mechanical eng.....that's why me owns one) for my table, only problem is it's one less excuse for missing all those dolly clearances!!

Ger:snooker:

Comment

You could also try this Digipas FW: DWL 600 Level Its a digital level which is quite good. I use it on my table and it is quite accurate.

Cheers

Comment

Me thinks he would sooner use a cheap level. Doesn't like the idea of spending on a good one .... lol
                        :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X