Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules and equipment used in the English Pool

Interests of the British pool as a game in general:
    1. Which table to play? 9 ft? 8ft? 7 ft? What size is the tournament?
    2. What is the diameter of balls? As in snooker?
    3. What are the requirements to the size of pockets and cloth?
    4. For the game uses Snooker cue?

Originally Posted by Vitalich View Post
    Interests of the British pool as a game in general:
    1. Which table to play? 9 ft? 8ft? 7 ft? What size is the tournament?
    2. What is the diameter of balls? As in snooker?
    3. What are the requirements to the size of pockets and cloth?
    4. For the game uses Snooker cue?

1. the typical match table in english pool is 7x4
    2. The object balls are 2 inches in diameter (5.08 cm), and the cue balls are 1 7/8 inches in diameter.
    3.pritty much the same cloth as a snooker table maybe stretched a lil more and pocket size varies but they are alot smaller than snooker table pockets which
    4. yes we play with snooker cues but with smaller tips then what a typical snooker player uses ive seen as small as 6.5 mill playing tip but an 8 mill is quite common among top players i currently play with an 8.7 at pool and snooker.

hope these answers helped you
    tha what!

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. The initial impact (break) the same active as in the U.S. Eight? Pity English subtle cue)). When I scored, for example, robbery with yellow, it is clear that my - yellow. And if I scored, and yellow and red, then I choose the color?
      PS: why the cue-ball less?

Comment

As long as you have got a reasonable sized tip there's
        no problem breaking with the cue you play with
        .As for the cue ball being smaller that's beccause the
        uk game is mostly played on coin operated tbles,
        this let's the cue ball through the ball tray mechanism
        and to a return at the head string end of the table
        where as the object balls stay in the tray until more money
        is put in.
        so nothing to do with play, a boy long winded but hope this
        helps

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
          As long as you have got a reasonable sized tip there's
          no problem breaking with the cue you play with
          .As for the cue ball being smaller that's beccause the
          uk game is mostly played on coin operated tbles,
          this let's the cue ball through the ball tray mechanism
          and to a return at the head string end of the table
          where as the object balls stay in the tray until more money
          is put in.
          so nothing to do with play, a boy long winded but hope this
          helps
          thanks for the comment, I thought that the cue-ball is smaller for the convenience of positional play into small table 7 Ft. There are many clusters and a smaller cue-ball makes large-scale maneuvers for positional game

Comment

Originally Posted by Vitalich View Post
            thanks for the comment, I thought that the cue-ball is smaller for the convenience of positional play into small table 7 Ft. There are many clusters and a smaller cue-ball makes large-scale maneuvers for positional game
            with a gd break there isnt many clusters remeber breaking in the english game with the light balls is less about power and more about speed :snooker:
            tha what!

Comment

No the size difference is for purely practical reasons,
              however the slight differences in the weights of the balls
              means that you get more reaction whilst playing screw
              shots as opposed to following through

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                No the size difference is for purely practical reasons,
                however the slight differences in the weights of the balls
                means that you get more reaction whilst playing screw
                shots as opposed to following through
                it is also reasonable in that part, that a light cue-ball more maneuverable and, again, allows for a small field to play a more diverse

Comment

Originally Posted by ian046 View Post
                  with a gd break there isnt many clusters remeber breaking in the english game with the light balls is less about power and more about speed :snooker:
                  I agree, having played the game with far too many cues over the years (probably 50+) I think a nice light cue, and getting through the white is the key to a good break. Being light it allows you to accelerate the cue quickly but with the control you need to hit the first ball absolutely full (essential to transfer all the power).

I see people bringing 9 ball cues to break all the time, and you may get some advantage from being able to get through the white better but it's not easy to control at all.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    I agree, having played the game with far too many cues over the years (probably 50+) I think a nice light cue, and getting through the white is the key to a good break. Being light it allows you to accelerate the cue quickly but with the control you need to hit the first ball absolutely full (essential to transfer all the power).

I see people bringing 9 ball cues to break all the time, and you may get some advantage from being able to get through the white better but it's not easy to control at all.
                    yep this is something i found out i tried all diff cues to brake with but i think a gd contact with speed is the best way to break and with a lightish cue 16 oz like my playing cue
                    tha what!

Comment

Hi, Im really sorry If im bothering you just saw you were online and this is not spam or anything. I was just wondering if KCE is a good make of snooker cue as I am looking to get into snooker. I have player 9 ball for almost a year now but have just broke my cue and someone is looking to sell me a kce snooker cue. Now I dont know much about cues because the one I just broke I have had since I started pool and I was wondering if this is a good make or not. He is trying to sell me this for £60.

Comment

hmmm not sure google it and find out or message adr147 he knows alot about cues but if u like it and it plays well why not
                        tha what!

Comment

Hi mate you may get a better response if you introduce yourself and start a new thred .

I have heard of their cues but have never seen them so cant comment .
                          I wouldnt think too many members here have either .

I cant imagine many who want a decent cue getting one , and i doubt very much if anyone will recommend one .

My advise save a little extra say £100-130 and get something thats not only a good cue but will last you a very long time , so the investment will be well worth it .

If you only have £60 and are desperate for a cue then either go on ebay or ask on the forum and someone may sell you one , open another thread introduce yourself and then ask for advise , we,ll only be too pleased to help you out .

Comment

Thanks alot. I have more money but play a tourney on sunday so It was a quick fix I was wanting and didnt want to play with a rubbish cue. Also you say start a thread. I dont know how. lol

Comment

Tried to google it but not much come up. That is why im a bit sceptic. But I was talking to a guy ages ago and im sure he said that these cue's can cost over 300 pound. Oh and how do I ask that ak guy. I dont know much about this site as I have only just joined.

Comment

Working...
                              X