No announcement yet.

Best tip for UK 8-ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using a Talisman Soft now for about 8 months, and i can honestly say they are the best tip i've had on my cue. They are consistent, firm, but not rock solid, and i can get more than enough spin with it.

The only thing is that laminated tips don't hold the chalk quite as well as pressed ones, but i just rough it up with the tip shaper every now and then, or use a tip pik.

Am starting to think about the pro granite tips though as a lot of people rave about them, so i might give them a go.

G

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
      Am starting to think about the pro granite tips though as a lot of people rave about them, so i might give them a go.

G
      Pop over i'll fit one for you when your in need of having it done mate.
      sigpic <---New Website
      Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Cheers Dan,

Fancy a few frames at the weekend?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
          Cheers Dan,

Fancy a few frames at the weekend?
          Comp down Ernie's place this weekend bud, so sure. Tables reclothed so no more excuses from me
          sigpic <---New Website
          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Trial and error. For me it definetely takes a while to adjust to a new tip- but also, more importantly, to actually settle on it once shaped. To let it be rather than constantly feeling the need to fiddle with it...to perfect it. Re-shaping it all the time will just end up wearing it down all the more quickly. Sandpaper is like a drug though and feels good in my hands...hmmm,

Expirementing is good, i like my tip to "mushroom" a bit over the ferrule. I think i have an elk on now- its fine, it fits perfectly (maybe a tad small) but realistically i can't say there are any issues with my cues playability. I think maybe its finding the right shape that is important...kinda.

Comment

Working...
            X