How many potted from break in 8 ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many potted from break in 8 ball

I potted 7 balls from the break last night in a competition (unfortunately one was the white) 4 reds & two yellows + white, as you may guess the other guy cleared up.

Just wondering how many you have potted from the break and what is the record?

The most balls I've potted on the break was also 7, 3 reds and 4 yellows. I still lost the game when the white went in off with the black I've never matched it since.

Comment

I saw 6
      5 reds and a yellow

Comment

Saturday night i potted 5 balls from the break...i think it was 3 solids and 2 stripes or the other way around and thats my highest number of balls potted from break. Usually i pot one or two balls.
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

i have done 6 more than a few times not sure about more than that though.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have never played English pool, in fact have never even seen that kind of table in person. Is it 7ft or 8ft?

In American 8ball game on 9ft table, I don't think I've ever potted more than 3 balls. At 9ball my record is 4 balls. For some reason, it is easier to make balls on the break of 9 ball rack than of the full 15 ball rack.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
              I have never played English pool, in fact have never even seen that kind of table in person. Is it 7ft or 8ft?

In American 8ball game on 9ft table, I don't think I've ever potted more than 3 balls. At 9ball my record is 4 balls. For some reason, it is easier to make balls on the break of 9 ball rack than of the full 15 ball rack.
              generally in pubs they are 8' with a 7' playing surface.

Comment

I once potted 7 off the break, 3 reds and 4 yellows, i took yellows and lost !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by muzicman147 View Post
                  I once potted 7 off the break, 3 reds and 4 yellows, i took yellows and lost !!!!
                  that has got to hurt!

Comment

I've potted 5 from the break quite a few times; generally I finish from that sort of break.

The best break I ever saw was in Wales last year, at the Welsh festival of Pool, one of the top Scottish players, can't remember his name, broke off, hammered them, potted 6 yellows, leaving the last one over a corner pocket and the black near a middle bag. Needless to say, he finished; total frame time - about 15 secs!
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

If you're ever in that situation again you should take reds, unless they are on the rail or a hard shot etc. It's easier to pot out seeing as when you get to your last red there is only 3 yellows on the table to block your reds compared to 4 reds if you were on your last yellow. makes sense?

Comment

I have done 6 a couple of times with one of them being 5 reds and 1 yellow, more often though if I get 5 or 6 off the break one of them tends to be the white or the black.

One of the lads in our club claims to have potted all 7 yellows on the break although I would have to see it to believe it.
                        Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                          I've potted 5 from the break quite a few times; generally I finish from that sort of break.

The best break I ever saw was in Wales last year, at the Welsh festival of Pool, one of the top Scottish players, can't remember his name, broke off, hammered them, potted 6 yellows, leaving the last one over a corner pocket and the black near a middle bag. Needless to say, he finished; total frame time - about 15 secs!
                          Wow I wish i'd seen that !!!!!
                          I used to play with a guy who played on the welsh national team and he used to practice breaking for hours. He said he once managed to pot all 7 yellows and 3 reds off the break........ But never manged to work out how he did it !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                            If you're ever in that situation again you should take reds, unless they are on the rail or a hard shot etc. It's easier to pot out seeing as when you get to your last red there is only 3 yellows on the table to block your reds compared to 4 reds if you were on your last yellow. makes sense?
                            Yes i can see that make sence and these days thats proberly what i'd do.But I made this break 20yrs ago, when you could tuck up by rolling in behind balls,and thats what the guy kept doing. I dont think he'd be able to tuck me up as well as he did using todays rules.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                              Yes i can see that make sence and these days thats proberly what i'd do.But I made this break 20yrs ago, when you could tuck up by rolling in behind balls,and thats what the guy kept doing. I dont think he'd be able to tuck me up as well as he did using todays rules.
                              To be honest, it's never about the number of balls left, it's always about which balls are in the most favourable position, no matter the rules - if you decide to go for the finish you have to take the suit you think you're most likely to finish with, whereas if you think there's no finish on, you have to take the suit it's easiest to defend with.
                              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
                              X