Breaking the balls in uk 9 ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking the balls in uk 9 ball

I started playing 9 ball uk pool rules. I'm a very attacking player and like to smash the balls open. I've lost two game two weeks running by opening the balls but failing to pot of the break. Is there a position I can put the white and a point to hit the balls to give me the best chance to make a pot from the break.

Maybe take a look on utube & study what works for them ??

Comment

Put the cue ball a couple of inches from either side cushion and hit the one ball full. There's a good chance of making the one ball in the opposite middle, and breaking from here gives you the best chance of making the wing ball in the corner pocket. Breaking with the cue ball near the right cushion, watch where the ball directly to the right of the nine goes. It will go near the right corner pocket if not in, and the one will go towards the side. Play about with cue ball placement in this area if you haven't already!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
        Put the cue ball a couple of inches from either side cushion and hit the one ball full. There's a good chance of making the one ball in the opposite middle, and breaking from here gives you the best chance of making the wing ball in the corner pocket. Breaking with the cue ball near the right cushion, watch where the ball directly to the right of the nine goes. It will go near the right corner pocket if not in, and the one will go towards the side. Play about with cue ball placement in this area if you haven't already!

good advice is that
        There is, I believe, a time limit for playing a shot. But I think it's true to say that nobody knows what that limit is

Ted Lowe

Comment

Working...
        X