Trent Trophies "A" Triumphant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Trophies "A" Triumphant

Congratulations must go to Trent Trophies "A" who have just picked up their 10th Super League title in as many years.The competition involves the best 96 ,9-man teams in the country and capped a great event for Staffordshire players.Rob Warne won the amateur event,after coming from behind and Gareth Potts got revenge for Blackpool ( the worlds) over Mick Hill by winning the pro-event.Again CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

Is this Mr Kendall?

Comment

No.my name is Mick and I play in the Trent Trophies local league.However I have known Lee for over 20yrs and even remember him as a pub player ( long time ago).I used to play league matches in The Winchester ,Gareths original home venue,so you could say I have been around a while.I used to chair the old Monday league in Stoke-on-Trent and was involved with all the established players of the time.I have no agenda other than "praise is due when praise is due".I also put a small thread on the forum when England won the Worlds at Blackpool,a lot of players for England are associated with the Staffordshire County sides and as a player in Stoke-on-Trent I am just proud of our players.Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Played against them on numerous occasions at Yarmouth and always found them to be a good set of lads. On the same subject I played someone who was nicknamed "The Barrister"
        at the national trials a good few yrs ago, was speaking to one of my ex team mates a few weeks back and he told me the guy had passed away! Is this true?

Comment

Lee and Gareth own and run Players Snooker and Pool Club in Newcastle-under Lyme.They have a forum ( Lees handle is "the fox" I believe) why not visit their website and pose your question there ? I seem to recall a "Barristers 4s" charity event on their calendar,I have checked and sadly your friend was right.Harvey "The Barrister"Jones aged 38 passed on 26/3/08.A charity event raising money for The Harvey Jones Memorial Fund is played in his honour.Sorry.
          Last edited by old school; 28 October 2010, 07:15 AM. Reason: Addendum

Comment

Working...
          X