• Show
Clear All

• The Double Drifter

Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_tt2nP8-c
    http://www.forcefollow.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/forcefollow

You ever tried snooker ??
    That 9 ball should never have gone in the way you played it, hit the cushion miles away from the pocket and still went in

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      You ever tried snooker ??
      That 9 ball should never have gone in the way you played it, hit the cushion miles away from the pocket and still went in
      Cool down, it's american pool, or "bucket lottery"...

You have to aim for the middle of a cushion and you must be VERY precise to keep a ball on the table, because otherwise it'll drop.

Comment

would love to see an American 9 ball player trying to bounce the balls off the side cushion on a snooker table and hoping they would drop.

9 Ball Bucket pocket pool it should be re-named
        try saying that quickly

Comment

Give him some credit at least, some nice positioning on there even though the pockets are lets say, forgiving.
          Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

Originally Posted by fateric View Post
            Give him some credit at least, some nice positioning on there even though the pockets are lets say, forgiving.
            I like watching his videos dont get me wrong, but it doesnt look too hard to pot tho does it If pockets were like that on our tables i would be a century break player by now

Comment

they would never go in on a snooker table and whats with the half a glove?

Comment

He's not playing on a snooker table, so saying certain shots wouldn't go in is completely pointless. Might as well leave comments on snooker videos saying "That wouldn't have went in on a Russian billiard table!" or comment on some Russian billiards videos, "That wouldn't have gone in if the pockets were half an inch smaller!"

Comment

Yeah, Nugget is right about some comments being pointless, and this kind of attitude will only make American pool fans/players think that snooker fans are elitist a-holes. This is a video of a drill in pool, which I think is supposed to improve you're positional game, it wasn't posted with a comment like "omg, look how great this is" so no need for the condescending tone.

You have to aim for the middle of a cushion and you must be VERY precise to keep a ball on the table, because otherwise it'll drop.
                  I must admit this comment made me laugh though.

Comment

but this is a snooker forum so what the point in putting american pool drills

Comment

Originally Posted by northenpaulsavage View Post
                      but this is a snooker forum so what the point in putting american pool drills
                      Well, as long as there's a 'Pool' section (http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...splay.php?f=21) and pool related things are posted there (in this case here), I can't see a problem with that.

Comment

im not saying there is a problem, also why do they wear those silly gloves?

Comment

The dimensions of American equipment varies greatly. Diamond table pockets are very tight. The pockets on my table are buckets even by American standards but that shot only dropped because of the slow speed that was played. If you hit the cushion at speed you will miss even on large pockets. Being able to use this shot for the benefit of position play is a skill all its own.

I where the glove because the climate in Southeast Texas is very humid. I also have oily skin. The mixture of oily skin, humidity and powder makes for a terrible mess. To avoid powder, sandpaper and cleaning agents I just buy a glove.

This is a pool sub forum? Isn't it?
                          http://www.forcefollow.com
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/forcefollow

Comment

Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
                            This is a pool sub forum? Isn't it?
                            It is indeed and you're most welcome to post whatever you like here!

I know from your other posts on here and AzBilliards, as well as your other videos, that you're a big snooker fan and don't need to be told those pockets were generous. Snooker fans on YouTube seem to be pretty much universally hated by pool fans, and it's entirely deserved. Every video they're on there talking about how easy pool is and how much better snooker players are. Clearly there's a bit of that on the forums as well.

Those Diamond tables are certainly a lot tighter than the vocal YouTube snooker crowd think. I think most of them are under the impression that they're the same 5+ inch pockets they've played on in the clubs. These ultra-critical internet commentators usually can't make 30 on a snooker table anyway. They might have fluked a break and run once or twice, though, so obviously they could give Strickland the 7.

Best bet for the pool fans is to ignore these posters. They cannot be swayed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
                              I think most of them are under the impression that they're the same 5+ inch pockets they've played on in the clubs. These ultra-critical internet commentators usually can't make 30 on a snooker table anyway.
                              I bet if you put those Internet superstars on 5+ inch huge straight cut pockets, 99% of them would still miss quite a few balls. Far more than they'd like to admit.

While I think snooker is harder to master without any doubt, people don't realize that there's no such thing as an easy cue game. Easier yes, but all of them are still very difficult and take a lifetime or more to master.

Comment

Working...
                              X