More like ...'AD, you've just been grannyed',,,,,,,,,,,,'again'
      Is that a challenge now Cessy?

Comment

Originally Posted by adcaceo
        Is that a challenge now Cessy?
        I'd love to 'Granny' you AD
        Mon the Rocket

Comment

If it happens to anybody in the pub I go to they have to run to the end of the road and back with no trousers on
          You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

LOL Mitsy,,,,would'nt be be so good on a cold winters night !
            Mon the Rocket

Comment

We call it 'Crawl under the pool table to add to the humilation.'
              "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

It is 8 ball!

7 ball is an old term that just was leaving your opponant with 7 balls left on the table.
                In my old pub there was the old running round the table with your pants down forfit if it happened to you (not that I can recall this actually happening)!
                World rules:
                An 8 ball is were you clear all 8 balls from your first visit. If you break you get two chances but must clear the table in one vist.
                Most leagues have prizes for most 8 balls a 7 ball means nothing.

Comment

is a 7 ball or a tin hat (from my part of the world)
                  old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

Interesting, I've always known it as being 7-balled, looks like I may be wrong!

Comment

I actually asked a couple of pro pool players this, and they both agree that when you '8 ball' someone, you clear in one visit, not necessarily leaving 7 balls remaining. 7 balling someone on the other hand is winning (not necessarily in one visit) with all 7 of your opponent's balls left on the table.

7 balling is pretty meaningless in decent competitve pool because it's quite normal there to turn down pots. 8 ball clearances sometimes count for something, they do take a bit of skill.

I'm not sure whether there's been some confusion between the two scenarios in the replies here, if so maybe people will agree on the above?

Comment

when you leave your opponents with 7 balls here we call it a granny !
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yes, this is Called a DownTrow! Mostly, this is an underground thing..
                          http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

depends 8balled in australia is where u pot out from break and leave them without having a shot or potting out 8balls, 7balled is them not potting one but having a shot.

Comment

hmm, interesting.....in american eight ball i have never heard of any term for such a situation

Comment

Working...
                              X