No announcement yet.

7 Ball Or 8 Ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, here in Australia If u 8 ball someone, it means u have potted all your balls + the back and your opp is left with 7 balls.

And at my local pub the rule is, if some1 8 balls you, you have to run around the table with you pants off. (Last time I saw this happen, the guy happend to get kicked out cause he was apparently to intoxicated, but all he could say was, 'but its house rules, i had to do that, i'm not drunk!!!!!!!')
    Hahaha

Comment

Originally Posted by speacial147 View Post
      Yes, here in Australia If u 8 ball someone, it means u have potted all your balls + the back and your opp is left with 7 balls.

And at my local pub the rule is, if some1 8 balls you, you have to run around the table with you pants off. (Last time I saw this happen, the guy happend to get kicked out cause he was apparently to intoxicated, but all he could say was, 'but its house rules, i had to do that, i'm not drunk!!!!!!!')
      Hahaha
      been there when i was in aus i had to do twice in one night !!!
      when i did 8ball a chap he just laughed and told me to pi"£ off
      http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
        been there when i was in aus i had to do twice in one night !!!
        when i did 8ball a chap he just laughed and told me to pi"£ off
        Yes, well when I 8ball some people at the pub, i tell them house rulses and for some reason they don't seem all that keen on it... haha
        Its always good for a laugh weather they do or don't do it!

Comment

Originally Posted by McChen View Post
          hmm, interesting.....in american eight ball i have never heard of any term for such a situation
          Wouldn't winning on one table visit be simply a "runout" and, from the break-off, a "break and run?"
          "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
            Wouldn't winning on one table visit be simply a "runout" and, from the break-off, a "break and run?"
            Well, where i'm from in Australia, at the pubs if u 8Ball (or same as a runout) a person they call it a 8ball. As far as I no runout and 8ball is the same meaning, just comes down to which term is used most, and at a pub inviourment it seems to be 8balled over the term runout.

When playing at the local pool hall, a 8balled is also called a 'runout'. At the pool hall we tend to use the term runout over the term 8ball. We also use that term runout in 9-ball, when all the balls are potting by one visit to the table...

Comment

Working...
            X