Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker stance for pool?

Hi all,

First off thanks everyone who contributes to this site. It has so much great info on it, and helped me plenty!
    But I have a quick question; Is there any reason you wouldn't use a snooker stance when playing pool? I play a mix of both and I find it strange adapting back and forth. Any advice? Thanks!

Dan Z.

Whether you play pool or snooker you have to have a comfortable and stable stance .

Stick to the stance you feel most comfortable with , you would,nt see Steve Davis , Tony Drago change their stance for pool besides the break off where they adopt a wider stance sometimes to get more poower .

So stick to what works and feels best otherwise you may find it will effect other aspects of your game and may cause inconsistency .

Comment

The only shot where I don't use it for is the hard break off...far forward weight balance might have something to do with it. For everything else I use square stance. I even took a lesson from a Dutch pool pro and he never told me that square stance is wrong, quite the contrary.

Comment

Working...
      X