8 ball pool - best tip type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
    Whats the difference betwen tweeten blue diamonds and buffalo blue diamonds?
    From what I remember, the description provided at Craftsman says that tweetens DP's are made the way blue diamond used to be years ago with a better binding glue.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
      Eaoin will you send me a Diamond Plus tip pm me mate and we will sort something out

Hi Matt will send a pm
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

yeh ive tried a few diamond pluses, work great! wanna buy a box full. anyone know where i can get a whole box, maybe more, without spending too much?

Comment

I had a buffalo diamond tip I got a few months ago but never tried it.

Following my last post in here, I read that buffalo blue diamonds are made by tweeten so my question as to whats the difference between buffalo and tweeten is not even a valid question.

Anyway, I fitted the buffalo blue diamond to my cue today and yes, they are ace.

Really really enjoyed playing with it and think going to get some more.

BoBnoGG!n; How bigger a box do you want?

Found box of 50's on ebay.

http://sports.shop.ebay.co.uk/Snooke...=p3286.c0.m282

Maybe if you email ADR147 he might sell you the specific amount you want.

Comment

Whats the light green master chalk you mentioned?

Is it this?

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/mas...-pack-64-p.asp

Comment

yer i know, but i dont wanna spend 65 AUD for tips atm =[ hahaha

umm its green, not light green, my bad. but its rpetty much similar shade/color to the triangle stuff, but i find its better. specially on hard tips. http://cgi.ebay.com/Master-CHALK-gro...item53e404b1ec

Comment

Has anybody else tried this chalk?

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                  My favourite tip for pool now is Tweeten's Diamond Plus tips. You can get them from craftsmancues, ADR or Coutt's Cues I think. Very responsive, a tad softer than Elkmaster but firmer and better quality than Blue Diamond because they hold their shape and hit well straight away.
                  I agree.. I've used the same tip for almost 3 years now. First ones get worn out, but it was worth it. I've got myself trophies from some of the tournaments I joined with this cue tip. Try it! No regrets on this.

Comment

Tweetens Master Chalk

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                    Whats the light green master chalk you mentioned?

Is it this?

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/mas...-pack-64-p.asp
                    Bl@~dy Hell! £7.35???? (At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!)

I have Tweetens Master chalk in boxes of 12 available in Blue, Red, Burgundy, Gold or Black @ £4.50 inc. UK P & P

Tweetens Triangle Chalk x 12 in Green at the same price...

Oh and they're all genuine Tweetens - not copies or fakes...

PM or contact me on 07740102927 to order....

Dave, Snookerpoolman

Comment

anyone use the kamui tips?

Comment

This is a difficult question to answer, as it has been mentioned before it depends on playing style a lot. If you are a touch player and don't play a lot of big power shots then something softer is ok. The other thing to consider is breaking, you are far better off with a very hard tip for breaking because you will get more speed on the white as the tip wont compress as much as a soft tip and the cue ball will leave the tip faster and should generate more power. I have tried a lot of tips, elks, blue diamond, mike what's his name and talisman soft (if there is such a thing ha ha) I find I miss cue very little (not once in two months) with elk masters, not sure it's the tip it's self but they hold chalk very well which must help. I can also screw back 3 lengths of a uk pool table with these tips. I use a 8.5mm cue but to be honest I can get the same result with a 9mm or bigger. Bear in mind if you play with a lot of side or bottom etc it's good to have a lot of chalk on the tip to prevent a miss cue etc, the elks are perfect for this!
                        Sometimes you may have to fit 2 or 3 to get one that is perfect but they are so cheap it's not really a problem is it!

Comment

Working...
                        X