First Pool Cue. Cue Craft or Peradon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pool Cue. Cue Craft or Peradon?

Hi there, i have recently started playing pool in my local league and im looking to buy my first proper cue instead of the cheap £20 one im using at the minute. Ive narrowed it down to 2 and i'm just looking for any opinion on what would be the best choice.

The first one ive seen is the Cue Craft mirage 1/2 & 4/5 split cue http://www.cuepower.co.uk/mirage-12-...-cue-p-25.html

The second one is the Peradon Galaxy
    http://www.cuepower.co.uk/peradon-ga...set-p-815.html

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TBH , i think both cues are way overpriced as they are both machine made . You could get a nice handmade for around £140 from a good cuemaker . Or if you dont mind second hand there are always nice cues selling on here .

Comment

I have two for sale if your interested .

One is ideal for pool . Its a mastercraft handmade ash

Specs
      57 "
      16.5 oz
      9.5 mm 29.5 mm butt

Pics can be seen in my pic album

Comment

i would take hotpots offer. tip might be a little large but i would rather spend the money sorting that than spend over £100 on a cheap chinese made cue.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think you need ten posts to access it .

Comment

10 Post's

An easy way to get 10 Post's is to say howe nice people's cue's look in the "Post Pictures Of your Cue" Thread.
            :snooker:

Comment

For value for money, i'd certainly recommend Craftsman Cues. There are some cracking cues on there for very reasonable prices, and any dealings i've had with them personally have always been spot on.

Comment

Originally Posted by InfuncBen
                Anything! viagera new
                Whats this crap all about?

Mods please sort this out!!

Danny
                Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                  Whats this crap all about?

Mods please sort this out!!

Danny
                  Should delete the posts from that useless waste of space - as if the swine never existed. (and my post naturally)

Comment

ive always said when playing a snooker cue is better than a pool cue due to the tip being smaller you can hit more parts of the white ball and get more spin on the ball i dont like pool cues that have a huge tip and arent removable with the white plastic round it
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Tbh, if you're playing US pool you're best to use a pool which is designed for that, same for snooker, and if you're going to play English 8ball then you're best off using a cue specifically designed for that - ie. lighter than a snooker cue with an 8-9mm tip, 8.5 being a good size IMO, as this way you can really control the white without over-playing.

As someone said before, Craftsman or Green Baize have good selections, and it is always better to try out a few cues 1st if you can ...
                      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                        TBH , i think both cues are way overpriced as they are both machine made . You could get a nice handmade for around £140 from a good cuemaker . Or if you dont mind second hand there are always nice cues selling on here .
                        Absolutely right Hotpot. GBP140 is good enough for a custom cue, super quality shaft, and nice splice work on the butt
                        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Cue Craft Cues - Discounted

Originally Posted by kappa218 View Post
                          Hi there, i have recently started playing pool in my local league and im looking to buy my first proper cue instead of the cheap £20 one im using at the minute. Ive narrowed it down to 2 and i'm just looking for any opinion on what would be the best choice.

The first one ive seen is the Cue Craft mirage 1/2 & 4/5 split cue http://www.cuepower.co.uk/mirage-12-...-cue-p-25.html

The second one is the Peradon Galaxy
                          http://www.cuepower.co.uk/peradon-ga...set-p-815.html

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                          Hi there, I reperesent Cue Craft on the forum.

The Mirage is a lovely cue for pool and is also available with just the 4/5ths joint (as opposed to centre joint also). One of my local Pro Pool players has two of these that I've supplied to him. They are a lovely playing cue for pool.

Contact me direct on 07740102927 and I'll beat the Cuepower price, plus as a TSF member, you'll receive a Cue Craft cue towel free with your order and a £10 discount off a 2 piece Aluminium or any 3/4 or 1 piece case purchased with the Mirage cue!!!

Best regards,

Dave, Snookerpoolman

email: cueist@genie.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X