• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
    A bit pricey?!

Have you bought any of his packages?!
    Ive gone one better and had one-on-one lessons with him
    All I can say is that he's superb.
    Like I said earlier it depends on how serious you are about the game.
    ATB
    Danny
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

i got a blue dimond tip i thank that it is good hard tip

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
        Just a word of caution about what you'll see on here. There's an awful lot of mumbo-jumbo about Super duper tips with various dreamt up names . . £5, £6 and £7 a pop... Stick to Elks at 50p, or BD's around 70p and you wont go far wrong mate....As I always say, don't fix it if it aint broke!!!
        It's not mumbo-jumbo, there are good alternatives to elks and especially BD's. From the sounds of your post I'd be surprised if you've tried any of them.
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dknox1 View Post
          Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and I NEED help on my break in UK 8 ball! I can't seem to get a consistent powerful break and still pot a ball. Can you give me any techniques you use? Stance? Grip? Bridge? Position of White etc....

Also as well as this i use a Peradon Earl Snooker Cue for both Pool and Snooker, the tip has got very worn down and I need to replace the tip, it comes with an elkmaster. Should i buy another Elkmaster? Or are there better tips? I have heard a lot about the Mike Woodridge Supertip? I've only ever had an Elkmaster tip so i'm not sure whether i like hard or soft tips but i understand my current tip is soft.
          Thanks guys for any help you can give me.
          hi pal i play alot of english 8 pall pool and as you were saying about the break, you dont have to put a lot of power into a break, you can have a better consistancy of opening the ball up without hitting it excessivly hard but once you have found a resonable force try sticking to it, let me no how you get on. marc

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
            Ive gone one better and had one-on-one lessons with him
            All I can say is that he's superb.
            Like I said earlier it depends on how serious you are about the game.
            ATB
            Danny
            I'm pretty serious about it, play in my local pub league and it's associated singles/doubles tournaments. Can't justify 200 quid though. Don't think any online tutoring could be worth that tbh. Would probably have taken a punt for 50 at the most.

I looked at his youtube channel, he seems ok. The other thing is I find his voice irritating too lol.
            Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

I just put the white in the middle of baulk line and smash the front ball as hard as I can full in the face. Sometimes I pot offf the break quite consistently but sometimes I have spells where nothing goes in. dont know wjhy sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt

Comment

Originally Posted by staners1 View Post
                hi pal i play alot of english 8 pall pool and as you were saying about the break, you dont have to put a lot of power into a break, you can have a better consistancy of opening the ball up without hitting it excessivly hard but once you have found a resonable force try sticking to it, let me no how you get on. marc
                That's what i don't understand? why don't english pool players put power into their breaks? they do in american pool... why is it different? Although it does work better thanks for the advice. With an accurate not so powerful break it can get a better spread of the balls. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                  It's not mumbo-jumbo, there are good alternatives to elks and especially BD's. From the sounds of your post I'd be surprised if you've tried any of them.
                  Alternatives?? Yes, but at what cost? And for what perceived benefit?

No, haven't tried them myself, but have some mates who play snooker at a very high standard who have and at best with mixed results. The main guy I'm thinking of is my old doubles partner and we won the league doubles together a few years ago.. He's a regular century breaker and he's gone back to Elks...

Not convinced by all the hype and believe that players are getting ripped off at £5, £6 or even £7 a tip.. We may never agree on this and am pleased for anyone who gets some 'real' benefit from trying something new... but ask yourself the question... is it the placeboe effect?? Perception is everything eh?

Think about it....

Comment

Working...
                  X