1970's East London Pub League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's East London Pub League

Any "old-timers" out there remember the subject Pool League? I played for The Durham Arms in Hackney Road from about 1975 to 1980ish and we won the league in 1976. Great days. Team members I can remember were:- Alan Westrop (captain), Larry and Billy Buck, Rich Davis, Scotch Mick and Jim "the postie". I have an old team photo (of poor quality) which I cut out of The Hackney Gazette and I would love to get my hands on any other similar photos. Other pubs playing were Penshurst, Golden Eagle, Birdcage, Market House. Expect most of these have closed down now. John H Stracey (the boxer) was landlord of The Durham Arms for a while.
    The league was run on a Tuesday night I seem to remember and there was another one on a Monday night which Barry Hearn was involved in. We were runners up in that league and I remember Barry presenting us with our medals.
    Thanks for putting up with my piece of nostalgia!!!

you may be better off on an 8 ball site?

i know 'pat the chat' uses cue club international quite a bit, he used to be a bit of a player from london, think he used to play in kentish town?

Comment

Working...
    X