2006 World pool Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 World pool Championships

The 2006 event kicks off this weekend in Manilla and are there any predictions?

Will it be a big name like pagulayan or Strickland this year, or another unknown from Chinese Tapai.

Chia-Ching Wu is the defending champion, and seems to have a decent group that he should expect to qualify from.

There are a massive 32 groups of 4 players competing in a race to eight , and the top 2 from each group will qualify.

The tournament finishes a week sunday with a race to 17 final, and there's hours and hours of live coverage on Sky Sports.

http://worldpoolchampionship.com/default.asp

I think I'll keep from predicting anything but I hope Immonen wins

And stupid eurosport wont show as much as 5 min of it
    Wish I had Sky Sports
    “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I'd love to follow pool more, but I don't.

There's usually quite delayed coverage of most tournaments, but the only ones I really watch are the World Championships and the Mosconi Cup-which is the highlight of the Pool year for me (mainly cos you know christmas is coming)

Comment

I've only just started following pool.

And I'm also really looking forward to the Mosconi Cup. I really hope eurosport will show that.
        “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

The news from the group stages...

Champion chia-Ching Wu through as are efren reyes and Thorstan Hohmann.
          2004 champ Alex pagulayan out after winning only 1 of his 3 games
          Johnny archer, thomas engert and Bustamante through, britain's darren appleton just missing out.
          Mika Immonen and rodney morris-out
          Chamat and van den berg through easily, as is steve Davis, the ginger nugget
          Strickland through as is Imran majid, but Tony drago and alex lely fail.

Comment

Looks like Steve Davis through to last 32

He will play Jharome Pena (PHI) next
            ---

Comment

I am glad Steve Davis is through. He was 4-1 down at one stage and then came back strong to make it 4-4. He eventually won 10-7!!!
              Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Good performance by the Nugget
                You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

Yay! Davis is in the last 16!!!

Comment

Steve Davis is in last 16, just beat J Pena 10-8

He is playing against Fu Chi-wei (TPE) next
                    ---

Comment

O'sullivan was all talk to change to pool, but it seems Davis is keeping a low profile and delivering the goods.

Comment

As Jim Wyche said on Sky yesterday, Davis probably won't win another world snuker title (his way of saying snooker), and he believes that he can win this tournament, to become a 7-time world champion.

The only other player to win world pool and snooker titles? Allison Fisher-meaning davis could become the first male to do it.

This could be his year!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Lindea
                          I think I'll keep from predicting anything but I hope Immonen wins

And stupid eurosport wont show as much as 5 min of it
                          Wish I had Sky Sports
                          Here's a programme so that you can see several matches live (?). I haven't tried myself yet but it looks good.

1. Download. http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/player.htm

2. Tune in ESPN (Asia)

3. TV schedule http://www.viidoo.com/tvguide

Comment

I think these should work. Because Espn is airing the matches here in India.

Comment

It's on right now. Not live since the clock is 01:38 there now.

Comment

Working...
                              X