No announcement yet.

Big guns australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to the guys at http://www.cueball.tv/ for jumping on board too.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
      PfffT! is about all this post warrants...
      Oh dear...

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
        Oh dear...
        ...is exactly what I was thinking. There is absolutely no point in speculating on what could have been, or nit-picking over someone's use of word 'exceptional' when it's completely beside the point of the thread.
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
          ...is exactly what I was thinking. There is absolutely no point in speculating on what could have been, or nit-picking over someone's use of word 'exceptional' when it's completely beside the point of the thread.
          When BoBnoGG!n mentioned how this player turned towards pool, to a degree this was also speculation, ( although in the context of 'how much speculation', this could be argued as a double edged mechanic ). Unfortunately, ppl DO use over powered compliments when talking about many things, players included.

I suppose deep down we all think we're better than we actually are.
          Last edited by Inoffthered; 26 March 2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
            Yes it did. I know N.Q. ran a satellite comp to get into the Gold Coast one, I have a feeling there may have been one more but I'm not 100% sure.

IF there were allot more satellite comps to gain entry for us 'Amateurs' then all of a sudden instead of having 36 Entries you have 64 and prize money goes up to $35 000. Keep the comp format constant and advertise it properly in a couple of years you may be able to Televise it on Pay or Free to air, like the US Pool Open does in the USA. Suddenly prize money goes up to $50 000 and you have international Entries.
            You're right, that actually seems achievable. I wish we had people able to motivate the Brisbane mob more, something's not right in the scene here atm.

Comment

yeh know wat u guys mean, it is true. guess because i struggle so much at cuesports i see a lot of 'good' players as great haha

lookin to be a good comp. lets hope next year, maybe itll move to adelaide? or western australia? anywhere would be good, ill probly be keen to play next year if it runs too! i think getting 64+ entries and jacking up 1st prize to 15k would be a fantastic idea! itd be like the biggest prestigious high paying tournament around! hmmm the potential is flowing

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
                yeh know wat u guys mean, it is true. guess because i struggle so much at cuesports i see a lot of 'good' players as great haha

lookin to be a good comp. lets hope next year, maybe itll move to adelaide? or western australia? anywhere would be good, ill probly be keen to play next year if it runs too! i think getting 64+ entries and jacking up 1st prize to 15k would be a fantastic idea! itd be like the biggest prestigious high paying tournament around! hmmm the potential is flowing
                BoBnoGG!n, I wasn't digging at you man... just observing ppl in general, you know? That cueball.tv is a great website for pool... been watchin' lots of good matches on there. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                  BoBnoGG!n, I wasn't digging at you man... just observing ppl in general, you know? That cueball.tv is a great website for pool... been watchin' lots of good matches on there. Thanks for the heads up
                  no worries buddy!

Comment

Bump Bump for Australian Eightball...............

I thought www.sportsbet.com.au might have had some odds on players winning this year. Unless they are unaware the comp is being held. I know they had odds on the 2010 Australian Singles Championships.

P.S. ATM the have Neil Robertson at $9 to win the World Championships. Probably worth a $10 bet eh...

Comment

well... yeh. a certain sumbody, wont name names, didnt get his confirmation and entry money in for the tournament in time and that meant we couldnt put up a sportsbet for all the aussie pro's in time. theres also a few irishmen playing this tournament, Mark nugent if anyone knows him? he does ok in pool in ireland i hear, and richie comiskey? hes an ireland billiard champion isnt he? they got in for 500. expecting good results from them

OH! heres link to Live streaming! only 2 matches or 1 will be streamed at a time? starts 6:30pm EST
                      Last edited by BoBnoGG!n; 31 March 2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

i dont know if anyone saw the live streaming, but it was running ALL weekend. there was 3 matches being filmed at all times and one live streamed. the winner of the tournament ended up being Johl Younger, who took home 11k. second was Rusty Wheeler who won 4.5k. very happy with the tournament glad to hav organised a very successful tournament with over 4000 hits on cueball.tv from people watching the live stream over the weekend. i just hope someone runs this tournament next year!

Comment

Watched a few games myself nice fast games of pool good potting and ball control skills. Like you i hope this on again next year.

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
                            i dont know if anyone saw the live streaming, but it was running ALL weekend. there was 3 matches being filmed at all times and one live streamed. the winner of the tournament ended up being Johl Younger, who took home 11k. second was Rusty Wheeler who won 4.5k. very happy with the tournament glad to hav organised a very successful tournament with over 4000 hits on cueball.tv from people watching the live stream over the weekend. i just hope someone runs this tournament next year!

I saw quite a bit of it though I should've been studying! The live streaming really surpassed expectations, it was mostly uninterrupted with a lot of great match-ups all the way through - the big advantage of double elimination. Awesome work if you were running it too Bob, you guys really did something special this weekend.

I think we are lucky to have so many players who are awesome to watch and there were still a couple of big names missing, Mark Robertson one of them. They played really attacking pool, not many bogged down matches. World rules can be as entertaining as any other cuesport and still be a thinking player's game : )

Really glad to see Rusty go through the winners side undefeated. I thought maybe he was a bit uncomfortable at first, don't know if he was technically at his best but he still battled through. He is a fantastic player, Aust champ in '07 and player of the carnival at the nats two years in a row I think?

And Johl Younger, what a class act. One of two players in that field I think who had time on the pro snooker circuit in the UK. Maybe that explains his ability to maintain such a high level of shot making over what amounts to a 3 day pool marathon.

Comment

I'm still shocked from when Rusty had two shots on the black when he was 8/7 down in the final. I'm sure you know the frame I'm talking about. Good job to everyone that was involved though, congratulations.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                                I'm still shocked from when Rusty had two shots on the black when he was 8/7 down in the final. I'm sure you know the frame I'm talking about. Good job to everyone that was involved though, congratulations.
                                Actually I couldn't watch the final, I don't know what plans cueball.tv has for the footage but would love to see the final and other matches I missed.

And I really hope the ball gets rolling for the next one soon to capitalize on momentum. I imagine financial support of cueball.tv and players is going to be the key to maintaining and building on this comp. I think there are at least 10 or more players who are good value to sponsors in this format. Very few of them were out within three or four matches.

A video with player profiles, interviews etc might be worth doing as well?
                                Last edited by eaoin11; 8 April 2011, 12:20 AM. Reason: too many 'I think's!

Comment

Working...
                                X