No announcement yet.

Big guns australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the finals hav been released on cueballtv. hes gonna slowly update ALL the recorded matches (that is, 3 matches of every round of the tournament. over 60 hours of footage i believe!

Comment

At least Benny didn't win it for once, I think Joel should be Mick Hill in the money match coming up if he plays at top form!

Comment

Just watched the final. Great stuff. But thos pockets look mighty big on your Aussy tables

Comment

haha yeh to be honest, the pockets arent wat makes it big. they are very reactive cushions, so they dont feed in if u hit the jaw too hard, but not just that, the cut for the pocket were done according to the proper template. however, the slate was cut about 3-4 mm too deep, so the pockets are a tad more generous. it does make for good games tho! in terms of watching. plenty of outs

Comment

I've been watching Aus 8 ball quite a bit lateley and I've got to say I like the tables you guys use, I'd love to have a go on one someday. They seem to be more like mini snooker tables with proper cusions and the cut of the pocket is more like a snooker table too. I bet they play real nice.

Do you guys use normal cloth with a bit of nap? We tend to have the baldy speedclots over here. I noticed the white tends to stop quite suddenly on your tables. Probably helps with position a little bit, maybe. Does it?
            Last edited by safe t boy; 11 April 2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by safe t boy View Post
              I've been watching Aus 8 ball quite a bit lateley and I've got to say I like the tables you guys use, I'd love to have a go on one someday. They seem to be more like mini snooker tables with proper cusions and the cut of the pocket is more like a snooker table too. I bet they play real nice.

Do you guys use normal cloth with a bit of nap? We tend to have the baldy speedclots over here. I noticed the white tends to stop quite suddenly on your tables. Probably helps with position a little bit, maybe. Does it?
              Yep same cloth as for snooker in Aus and I think it does help with position. I personally would like to keep the similarity of tables in pool and snooker because I think that the two cuesports support each other. Snooker helps pool in terms of public profile, and pool provides a stepping stone for participation in snooker.
              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
              X