No announcement yet.

Quick help needed! Black ball rules....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick help needed! Black ball rules....

Hi all.

Im playing in a tournament tomorrow but its black ball rules. Im only just getting used to World rules lol!

Can anyone give me a quick concise explanation of Black ball so I have at least some idea before sunday. If there are any videos of games in this format that would be good too.

2 shots dont carry, 1st visit after foul is free table, skill shot is allowed.
    same as owt 7 an sooty

Comment

So amusing things to do after your opp fouls (as 2 shots don't carry):

* Pot one of his balls (free ball after every foul)
      * Nudge one of his balls on to the cushion - or create clusters for him (free ball after every foul)
      * Hit the black in to a better position for you (free ball.... etc)

Of course you can always develop some of your balls with your free shot after he fouls but it's not as much fun as the above

Yeah read up on the 'skillshot'... it's great for clearing pockets that your opp thinks he's got covered.

Good luck

Comment

Cheers all. I figured it out in the end with some help from one of my team mates. Not keen on it really. I prefer to play the world rules as its the main standard most tournaments and leagues are played in. Didnt do too well in the Tourny.... Lost 1st round..... 4-0 ..... To a lady! Ouch! Learning curve, steep. I was really really nervous though. Didnt play what I can normally. I couldnt even think straight let alone work out a finnish. It was ridiculous. Might go again but want to see if there are any 'world rules' tournaments happening first. I think I need to get used to the pressure and nerves a bit.

Comment

Working...
        X