Best tip for uk 8 ball??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tip for uk 8 ball??

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on this was. I have two shafts for my cue, a breaking one and one to play with. For the breaking one I've got a Talisman M on it and it works fine but with the playing one I find that the talisman is not holding chalk and when it comes to shots with a lot of side it kind of slips off the white if you know what I mean. I know there is a few 8 ball players on here some hopefully someone can help.

The answer is the one whichs works for.

Me telling u to choose one imparticular just may not like.

Each tip has its benefits.

I would suggest u try mw supertips but that doesnt mean u wouldnt suit a blue diamond, elk, pro granite, soft laminated such as mw or talisman soft.

My advice would be to try all and decide on best.

Comment

Ahh I'm up late lol, I've tried blue diamond, elk and talisman. Think I'll buy a MW off of ADR and a Kamui, I have been using talisman for about 8 months now and It's been fine until now.
      I don't know if it's just a bad tip but it's not holding chalk like the others and I'm mis-cueing because of it. When I say not holding chalk I mean I'm struggling to get chalk on it. It just kind of slides about on top of it leaving bits of the tip exposed with parts with no chalk.
      I'll order the tips tomorrow and report back on how I get on with them :snooker:. Also I've heard good things about aurora tips. Anyone know where I can get them?

Comment

Dave Coutts sells Aurora tips if i was you i would try MW super tips first they hold chaulk well and hold there shape well.

Comment

Currently using Talisman M which I'm really liking so far. Had Talisman S before that but found that it was a little soft for my preference.

I've got so much more confidence with the Talisman M that I've ever had in my playing experience. not had issues with not holding chalk but I guess just roughing it up now and again should be OK.

Only tried BD and Elks before that but that was 20 years ago for snooker so I believe the quality is not what they used to be and it's easier now to get a bad one.

Comment

ive been using a soft talisman for about 18 months never let me down !!! might have half a season left in it !!! ;-\\
            http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

if you're one of those players that use lots of side, and hardly hit the cue ball dead centre in pool, then id probably recommend using either a Diamond Plus, or a Pro granite, as i find they hold chalk much better than some of the other tips. with pro granite, leave it a bit thick, you will still get heaps of feel from it, and not too much throw. with the diamond plus, play it in a touch, and take it down to about 2mm. heaps of feel aswell, and grip is awesome. miscueing shouldnt be a problem playing those touch spin shots. altho be warned, the pro granite does giv you a hell of a lot of work, even when hitting softly.

adr sells both of these tips i believe. he'd be the man to seek :P

Comment

Tips to suit

Hi, I have tried literally hundreds of tips and in my opinion the one make and type that offers the best all round playability = Feel, response, and of course performs by achieving what I am trying to do! Is the Kamui Soft in natural tan colouration. It offers a fantastic soft hit with loads of real feel & control. It is a characteristic of Laminated tips that it appears they are not holding chalk! However, due to the fact that the surface contact area is much smoother than the Blue Diamond & Elkmaster, they only retain the amount of chalk they need. Obviously they must be chalked on every shot to minimise the risk of miscue. I have tried the Kamui M and find it to be slightly too hard a contact as to offer me the feel and response I seek from a tip. I have also found that they go extremely lifeless for no discernable reason, not to long into their lifetime? As for Kamui & other manufacturers Hard tips - these are, for me, unusable as the contact time is minimised and the feel is almost non-existant. Hope this helps?

Comment

Working...
                X