40 k Money Match replies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 k Money Match replies

Money match involves Mark Farnsworth,provisional rank 6 and Staffs Open winner and Tom Cousins,provisional rank 5 and Welsh International.Promises to be a good tight match.Mike if I had 40k you could have that Inman and we would play for fun.Sorry I have had to reply with a new post,I can only access RSS feed on previous post ,duh.

are yer going to watch it ?
    there will be a good few there.

Comment

I may go and watch the match.They usually put the games on a big screen so that the table does not get too crowded.I am a member at Players anyway and to be honest the standard of players you get in there such as Lee Kendall,Gareth Potts,Adam Davis,Daz Lightfoot,Steve Bridgwood and the list could go on forever,makes a visit there an honour.What other club is there when you can walk in and watch professional players,England captains,European champions,World Champions and county A players in practice or participating in league matches on a weekly basis.Players is also home to Staffordshire Mens A &B Teams,County Ladies and Juniors as well as Trent Trophies players ( 11 National titles in as many years).I do not wish to boast,I am just very proud of the scene in my area.The idea of Wales vs England and the added bonus of 40k means this should be a good night for all.
      Last edited by old school; 19 June 2011, 10:48 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Comment

who is putting up the 40K? is this a sponsored event being televised?

Comment

cuesport tv shows them sometimes they did with the last one, mccarthy v bale was shown live.

Comment

we're hoping to come up to support young tom.

it'll be a tough match to call, farnsworth got lots of experience for the big money, even beat up adam davis on his own table a few months back, a match i thought adam would win! but farnsworth been struggling a bit lately and if tom is on top of his game then he can win no probs.

i'd doubt very much if it'll be on cuesport, if fact i can almost say 100% it wont be.

Comment

old,they didnt stream the marc/adam match online, yer had to see it at the venue. paid for me hotel an travel for this match. i know about the standard of player in players.
              paz, iam reliably informed marc will be in money match mode for this game. yer mention davis on his own table, well dont forget marc went to scotland an played jayson shaw at his own venue an his own rules. strugglling in games to 6/7/8 isnt the same, well see on the night. are yer adding to toms pot ?
              rowdy, its a cash match, both sides are putting their own money up. i think the pot may get bigger, if not am sure their will be a few side bets knocking around on the night.

Comment

Paz,if you do come up,see if you can get hotpot and Crispian to travel.Perhaps we can hook up,I wouldnt mind standing a round with some of the forum members.I am a local and member of the club so access shouldnt be a problem.Think on,let me know.

Comment

Hatter,when I went to the merits finals night at Players back in December ,they had an overhead projector,beaming the match on to a large screen ( cinema style).This was done to give the players room around the table,this is what I meant by "big screen" apologies if I was not clear in the earlier post.So are you definately going to the 40k ?

Comment

yep defo.money paid.

missed marcs last one, (noone from my area wanted to go) have got to know a few of marcs supporters an am travelling an staying with them. good lads, bit noisy, love a drink an a craic, ill be fine

Comment

Perhaps I will see you there.

Comment

I can't see any of our players putting up that kind of cash in Aus. But now that cueball.tv is going well it would be awesome to have cash games like that.

Will this match be world rules or blackball?
                        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

marc has done it a few times now. this isnt the most hes played for. it will be world rules, as they are both tour players.

Comment

Yes ,recent events have been Potts-Bale 10k,I think,Davis-Farnworth 30k and now this one at 40k.I am not saying that this is a comprehensive list,just a recent one.The part I like about the 40k is the charity aspect of it.The charity is named after a player who died young,but who will always be remembered for this and there is also an annual event held in his honour,proceeds also to charity.Rather neat I think.
                            Last edited by old school; 22 June 2011, 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

ye didnt the entrance fee go to that lads charity adam/marc ? £1 to get in, just under 500 spectators ?

Comment

Working...
                              X