No announcement yet.

40 k Money Match replies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know,yes.The " Barristers 4s" is the event we usually support.Played on Jan 22nd the event raised over 2k on the day and over the past three years has raised something in the order of 15k.All for charity and always well supported,not bad for a local Pool/Snooker club.

Comment

Eaoin,what is more scary is when you convert GBP-AUD = 61 and a bit 000 dollars.Serious money.

Comment

i think 40,000 is serious cash in quids

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
          old,they didnt stream the marc/adam match online, yer had to see it at the venue. paid for me hotel an travel for this match. i know about the standard of player in players.
          paz, iam reliably informed marc will be in money match mode for this game. yer mention davis on his own table, well dont forget marc went to scotland an played jayson shaw at his own venue an his own rules. strugglling in games to 6/7/8 isnt the same, well see on the night. are yer adding to toms pot ?
          rowdy, its a cash match, both sides are putting their own money up. i think the pot may get bigger, if not am sure their will be a few side bets knocking around on the night.
          i hear toms pot is already covered, i was offered a bet on the weekend by one of wales top players, in fact one of the uk tours top players who was very confident of a cousins win, maybe overly so?

i'm still a bit undecided who i'd go for, but edging towards farnsworth with his experience, but then again i've never seen anyone pot quite like tom does, even the likes of potts etc.

i may bring a ton or two up with me and have a little wager on the night.....providing the mrs lets me go that is lol.

Comment

i was speaking to someone whos a top player, hes extremely confident of marc winning, maybe overly so. not arsed about a bet, just off for the craic an a day on the ****.

Comment

Should be a great game with 2 top class players but Id still have 2 back Farnsworth in any money match. Balls of steel dosent give him justice.

Comment

that would be my take on it. cousins may be able to knock all the balls in, but its when they mean everything, that it counts. marcs record is there for all to see.
                paz
                either the pot might get bigger, or yer will defo get a bet on the day, both players have more than enough to cover the in itial pot.

Comment

I dont think Tom has 40k to put up has he! Nor has most of these Players they are Definatley getting backing otherwise these would be making more money than most of the Professional Snooker Players!

If these guys are playing for this kinda of money I would imagine they have great Sponsors/Backing and Nobody would take the Bet on if there were that much Difference in there Ability. What I will say thou some people do hold themselves together alot better under pressure than others and there is nothing you can do about that you can improve alittle with Experience but not totally.

I know if I had backing like these guys I would be playing all the time also for a few quid!

Gaz.

Comment

Gazza , in general you are right " some players" have backers,but I assure you some do and have put their own money in,previously.There are four figure games to be had,if you know where to look.

Comment

an the first place to look would be players. am led to believe one of these players nearly always has 50% of his money on himsen.
                      gazza, the pot will be 40k, (20 each) (although i reckon it could go up to 50)

Comment

forgot to mention, oly bale took on gareth potts, many believed there was a massive difference in ability, potts, was 17-15 down, never lost another frame. likwise, oly bale took on ronan mccarthy, ronan won about as comfortable as it gets at that standard.

Comment

hopefully oly's learnt his lesson now, he was very very poor against mcarthy, oly great when hes buzzin but got no b game.

mcarthy's also played farnsworth 3 times with ronan winning 2 and farnsworth one.

there will also be a bit of needle in this game, and this is how its come about in the first place, really looking forward to it now.

Comment

If you go to the website for Players Pool and Snooker Lounge in Newcastle under Lyme,you can read up on the Staffordshire Open.Olly Bale,Tom Cousins and Mark all competed.I wont spoil it but the competition was like a "whos who" of pool talent.Mark played Tom in the quarters and although Mark won, it was tight.Tom will be out for revenge,however he was ahead in the quarters and didnt close that match out.Draw your own conclusions.Revenge OR will it play on his mind,I know who I think has the mental advantage.

Comment

Working...
                            X