Fold away pool table for newb advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold away pool table for newb advice.

Hey guys! After having to retire from the game of Football due to injury, I'm looking out for a new hobby. Fancy getting into Pool. Problem I have is that I have no room in the house and could do with a fold away table. Any recomendations? Don't want to spend to much and looking for a second hand one preferably.

What size should I go for being a newb?
    Further adviced would be welcomed

Cheers,
    Kelvin.

Hi and welcome.

The problem with foldaway type tables are that they do not have a slate bed and most if not all the non slate bed pool tables will not be flat so it will limit how much enjoyment you can get out of them.

If you want to take it up seriously I would invest in a slate bed table or just get yourself down to your local pool/snooker hall.

Comment

Thanks sootyvrs... I assume theres not such a thing as foldaway slate tables? Gunna hav ta buy a bigger house :-)

Comment

No foldaway slate bed tables to my knowledge as the weight of these things would probably require some sort of mechanical system to fold it up.

I assume there is probably some health and safety issues with having a fold up table with that sort of weight.

I also have considered a table for home and found this

http://www.supremepool.co.uk/foldaway_pool_table.html

Not a slate bed but they are a reputable manufacturer as they supply the World Pool organisations with slate bed tables (Supreme Winner) but I don't know if the one above is any good and the price also put me off as it's around £450

Comment

Have you considered a "pool dining table" they have covers and double as a dining room table when you are not playing.Very versatile and you can get them in slate bed versions.Not what you were looking for but like I say it is a piece of furniture as well as a pool table.Hope this helps.

Comment

hi i have a pooldinner and think its great when were not playing we eat off it lol and there very well made i must point out we had a pub pool table and im glad i sold it and got the dinner

Comment

Was looking at Diners recently and after measuring up it just won't fit unless I use 24" cues when on the cushions!!! Shame as I really wanted one.

I would probably get away with a 5ft table but I don't think I've seen these in Slate Bed Diners and most 5ft tables don't come with std. 2" UK pool balls

Comment

Working...
              X