world 8 ball cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world 8 ball cloth

hey i was just trying to find out what the world 8 ball cloth is called as we are trying to get the best cloth with nap on not speed cloth as that is wat we have now and i hate it so much lol and also if u have a link where to get it from that would be grate thanks

They use Supreme Winner tables for the UK 9 ball World Champs so I assume this is the cloth used

http://www.supremepool.co.uk/slates_..._cushions.html

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
      They use Supreme Winner tables for the UK 9 ball World Champs so I assume this is the cloth used

http://www.supremepool.co.uk/slates_..._cushions.html
      Do you mean UK 8 ball champs? Pretty sure the WPA sports are played on napless.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Last year we had Strachan 6811 fitted for our league table, initially it was very nice and a pleasure to play on but within a few months it start playing very slow as it had streched and became loose on the table.
        We had it replaced with Hainsworth Match and have had faultless play ever since.
        I think the Simonis is a napless cloth for "american" pool, is it not?
        Last edited by DeanH; 24 July 2011, 11:10 AM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

hainsworth tournament smart is similar to the match cloth. (i think)
          the problem being with any cloth not looked after it wont stay great for long.

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
            hainsworth tournament smart is similar to the match cloth. (i think)
            the problem being with any cloth not looked after it wont stay great for long.
            I dont think there is a cloth called Tournament Smart from Hainsworth, see http://www.hainsworth.co.uk/interior...and-pool-cloth
            Match, Smart, Elite Pro and Club.
            I think you maybe confusing the Strachan range (6811 Tournament, 6811 Pool, 6811 Club) with the Hainsworth range.
            I got my previous posting wrong, we have Smart (not Match) on our table and it is very good.

Comment

thats what the lad that fitted it called it. i now believe yer right an it was the match cloth. absolutely fantastic, he did another table for me an i gave him the smart cloth, he told me it wasnt the best an put the match cloth on.

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
                thats what the lad that fitted it called it. i now believe yer right an it was the match cloth. absolutely fantastic, he did another table for me an i gave him the smart cloth, he told me it wasnt the best an put the match cloth on.
                I have sent an email to the club secretary to double check what cloth was put on, I may have been right first time, I am sure the fitter did say Match.
                I found that the fitter was all over the place when I spoke to him on the phone previously, Gold, 6811, Tournament, 10, etc.,
                even the old disused ones!
                I was also discussing changing the cloth on our snooker table and I think that is were the Smart came in - age-on-set-moment
                Last edited by DeanH; 24 July 2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                  Do you mean UK 8 ball champs? Pretty sure the WPA sports are played on napless.
                  Apologies it was a typo. Yes I meant UK 8 ball

Comment

So what is the best cloth to play world uk 8 ball pool on then

Comment

i would say the best hainsworth yer can get.

Comment

Hainsworth Smart is the best cloth for english pool. Hainsworth Match is exceptional to play on but you will need to look after it as it is a very fine cloth. I use it on my own table ar home but it is up to you whether the extra cost is justified.

Hainsworth Smart plays beautifully and is very durable

Comment

best cloth to be used on a club table in my experiance is hainsworth smart, if looked after it plays well for along time and is durable.

EDIT: just seen ger's post after i posted only looked at the first page lol
                          tha what!

Comment

Hainsworth precision is the best! Got to look after it though.

Comment

Working...
                            X