Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played on a Supreme Foldaway Pool Table??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played on a Supreme Foldaway Pool Table??

Thinking about getting one for the home as I don't have space for a permanent one.

Just wondering if they are any good and if they are close to Supreme Winner Tables for playing?

They have a 18mm composite bed which is similar to the kitchen tops and have same cloth and cushions as the slate bed tables.

I've been looking into these tables too so I emailed Supreme to find out exactly what the 'composite' bed is made of. I'm afraid to tell you its only 18mm MDF. For the money these tables go for that is a joke if you ask me. MDF is absolute **** in my opinion.

Comment

I bit the bullet and got one of these tables delivered yesterday.

The table comes complete so no screwdriver needed and was set-up in minutes with the spirit level as it has adjustable feet. Once set-up in position the table is very sturdy to the point where there is near enough no movement unlike the cheaper home tables that I've played on in the past! I guess it should weighing in at around 60kgs.

The bed itself is as near perfectly flat as any slate bed table I've played on. The cloth I thought plays a little slower than most of the Supreme Winner slate tables, at my Pool/Snooker hall, I've played on but similar to the Supreme Winner we have at the pub I play at. Not sure if some Supreme Winners are specified using different cloths.

I phoned Supreme and they have told me that the Foldaway table uses Hainsworth cloth and the Winner uses Strachan cloth as they are manufactured by different manufacturer.

A word of note that the balls that come with it are of lower quality albeit full size to the Aramith balls that come with the Winner tables and they seem heavier as I'm struggling to get the usual responses with the cue ball. I got my Aramith Pro Cup spot ball out and everything was back to normal as closer inspection of the 2 cue balls revealed that the cheap one is much heavier than the Aramith one so I've ordered a set of Aramith balls to ensure consistency when I'm practising and playing matches.

I must say that I'm very happy with it (although Aramith balls is a must) and I have to say that it plays just like a slate table but with the added advantage of being able to move it around by myself or foldaway!

I've practised for around 5-6 hours yesterday to the point where my muscles are aching (lol), which shows how much I've enjoyed using it!

It's expensive... yes but I see it as a medium/long term saving as I was paying £4.50 an hour to practice at my club so it won't take long for me to get my investment back plus I can now just get my cue out at any time... morning, noon or night which is near enough priceless for me as I don't have a lot of free time to practice.

Comment

Hi, Just had a look at the supreme foldaway , looks really good for a foldaway. where did u get yours from and do you know if you can have with green cloth as all i have seen only have blue cloth, bit too american for me lol

Comment

I got the black finish with green cloth in 6ft size.

You can see all the finishes here and you can get green, blue or red cloth

http://www.supremepool.co.uk/diner-p..._foldaway-pool

I got mine from Home Leisure Direct but the one they have advertised is not the Supreme one but from a manufacturer that used to make them for Supreme. I think the quality is the same though although the Supreme one doesn't have the pocket runners which didn't bother me.

I asked for the Supreme one as I knew Supreme had the one I wanted in stock so that is the one they said they would supply for me and I also got a free cover and brush thrown in.
          Last edited by sootyvrs; 15 September 2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

hi,

how much was the table?cant see prices online?

ta

Comment

They are around £400.

You may be lucky and pick them up much cheaper on ebay used if you can find one nearby but most won't deliver and is costly to deliver as it's over 60kgs

Comment

I just picked up one of these tables second hand and have to say I'm delighted with it. Unbelievably sturdy during play and the cushions and cloth are second to none. I got a set of aramith balls with it aswell which was nice

Comment

Great to hear you manage to get a used one. I was looking for a while but hardly any locally! All the ones on ebay wouldn't deliver plus I don't have a van.

I did get offered a 7ft one for £45 but needed re-clothing (which can cost around £150 to get done) but I can't manage to fully fit a 6ft in properly never mind a 7ft table so had to let it go.

Just to report I got my Aramith Premium balls delivered shortly after and it now plays like a dream and I must admit my game has come on a lot in just a week!

It's given me plenty of time to work on my cue action and technique which is a primary objective and to my surprise, I've now changed the way I address the cue ball compared to how I used to play snooker and found that this works best on a small table where touch is everything. My confidence has gone up considerably and I'm now beating players regularly who used to always beat me so money well spent.

Comment

Good to hear its improving your game. I've a question regarding cue.balls. the set I bought came with three. One smaller ball and two bigger cue balls. What's the idea behind this?thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by darren325i View Post
                      Good to hear its improving your game. I've a question regarding cue.balls. the set I bought came with three. One smaller ball and two bigger cue balls. What's the idea behind this?thanks
                      English pool is traditionally played in pubs on tables with coin vending. The smaller white is so the mechanism will know that if you go in-off, the smaller size allows the mechanical part to allow it to come back out to continue your game while retaining the larger balls that you have potted.

This has since become the standard for UK 8 ball pool so they now still use the smaller cue ball in non vending pool tables also including World Champion competitions.

It could be that the other 2 full size cue balls are for use if you decide to play billiards.

Comment

Sounds a nice table.

I know it's five foot but if your tight on space and want a slate bed table. This is worth considering.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riley-5ft-...46837530541585

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riley-5ft-...05306474125431
                        I have a 5ft diner from 1910.... lovely table table. I use use for 8 Ball all the time. I wish I had a bigger house :-(
                        Last edited by RedThunder; 22 September 2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X