Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosconi Cup

So the Mosconi Cup starts tomorrow http://www.mosconicup.com/

Does anyone think that europe will get their third title this year?

So far we've only won in '95 and '02

btw on a different note. I was suprised to see so many snooker names on the '95 team
    (Daryl Peach ( UK), Steve Davis ( UK), Alex Higgins ( UK), Lee Kendall ( UK), Oliver Ortmann ( Germany), Tom Storm ( Sweden), Jimmy White ( UK))
    “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Does anyone know the format for this years Mosconi Cup?

I was at York Hall to see Davis pot the winning 9-ball in 2002. Really good atmosphere.

FAO - Barry Hearn - Get it back to London in 2 years time!

Dan.

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7
      Does anyone know the format for this years Mosconi Cup?

Dan.
      all here - http://www.mosconicup.com/ dan

Comment

Thanks, here is an excerpt:

Sessions

Thursday December 7 20.00pm - 1 team match featuring all 6 players plus 2 scotch treble matches
        Friday December 8 14.00pm - 3 scotch doubles matches
        20.00pm - 3 singles matches featuring 3 team members
        Saturday December 9 14.00pm - 3 scotch doubles matches
        20.00pm - 3 singles matches – featuring the 3 team members who did not compete on Friday evening
        Sunday December 10 14.00pm - 1 team match featuring all 6 players plus 2 scotch treble matches
        20.00pm - 6 singles matches

Race to five racks (alternate breaks).

4 days play = 24 matches. 1 point for each match won.

If the final result is a draw the defending champions ( USA ) retain the title.

Comment

europe just levelled at 1 point each

Comment

What a day so far for Team Europe, now 8-4 up in a race to 13, and it really is heating up. Strickland losing it with the crowd again, calling them all *******s. I love it, so much more exciting than hendry v Harold

Comment

anyone see strickland smash his cue yesterday?

(pic from www.mosconicup.com)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                anyone see strickland smash his cue yesterday?

(pic from www.mosconicup.com)
                WOW! Thats Strickland for you! Why is he always like this? Cant he just enjoy the game?

At the world champs this year too he showed his fury. But later apologised.
                Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

hes just crazy. great player. loose cannon.

Comment

Great player....I agree! I consider Efren and Earl greatest pool players ever. But looks at the attitude difference between them. Hes got a BIG ego too!

Comment

Strickland is a total jerk. He has no respect for the audience, his fellow players or even himself. The way he acts around the table is worse than Quentin (smash the pack), Ronnie (concede early and mr. towelhead), Peter Ebdon (screaming after winning) all put together and then times hundred.

But man, can he play! And he does have entertainment value. I saw a match where he played Nick van den Berg and Earl kept babbling. 'Man, I can't believe I pocketed that ball. I'm so good. Whew! OK, on to the next ball. Number 13. Yeah, I'll pocket that one easily. *BAM* Told you! See, I'm a genius. I'm the master of the pool table."

And in the end, Earl didn't look at Nick when shaking hands and Nick was furious. 'YOU WATCH ME IN THE EYE WHEN YOU SHAKE MY HAND!" he shouted at Earl. It was fantastic.
                      "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by elvaago

And in the end, Earl didn't look at Nick when shaking hands and Nick was furious. 'YOU WATCH ME IN THE EYE WHEN YOU SHAKE MY HAND!" he shouted at Earl. It was fantastic.
                        He kinda deserves it!!

Comment

Earl deserves anything they throw at him. :-)
                          "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Last match ended 5-2 to USA which gives a tie of 12-12 and as the rules state that means that the defending champions get it. So USA got their 11th Mosconi title
                            “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Europe had their chances but finlands mika (lock up your daughters) Immonen missed a shot in his match that would of won the cup for europe. the match was at 4-4 and mika potted the black but in doing so forced the 9-ball on to the bottom cushion, and he lost position on the 9 ball. his american oponent potted the 9 ball to make the score 12-11 to europe.

Corey Deuel won the last singles match with a 5-2 success against Spanish player David Alcaide, to make the overall score 12-12.

It was a damn shame for the Europeans as they had been leading 8-4, 9-6 and 12-10 throughout the competition

Comment

Working...
                              X