what tip size do the pros use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tip size do the pros use

been wondering what tip size the pros use potts,hill,davis...... has anyone got any info????

They will use anything between 9mm and 11mm i would think. Most commonly 9.5mm or so.
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
      They will use anything between 9mm and 11mm i would think. Most commonly 9.5mm or so.
      Shaun murphy uses 8.75 according to another thread on here

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
        Shaun murphy uses 8.75 according to another thread on here
        His tip does look quite small so that actually wouldn't surprise me! I imagine most pros will use 9.5mm to 10mm :snooker:
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I've heard from a cue maker that there are a lot of pros moving these days to 9.5, 9.75, 10...
          :snooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnqd...4&feature=plcp

Comment

It's quite funny this as original question was about pool players lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Woops, just read it properly :snooker:
              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamie89oc View Post
                been wondering what tip size the pros use potts,hill,davis...... has anyone got any info????
                Judd Trump play with 18.5mm tip thats why he so good in potting long balls@@@

Comment

When i got my handmade cue from Tony Wilshaw i was told Oly bale uses bang on 9mm. Gaz potts and most other pros use a shaved 9mm. so around 8.75mm.

Based on this i moved from an 8mm to 8.6mm and my game improved massively!

Comment

Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
                    When i got my handmade cue from Tony Wilshaw i was told Oly bale uses bang on 9mm. Gaz potts and most other pros use a shaved 9mm. so around 8.75mm.

Based on this i moved from an 8mm to 8.6mm and my game improved massively!
                    this is why i asked ive been using an 8mm lately i can move the white better but some shots that look easy i was missing

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      haha cant blame em it is tsf

Comment

I also increased my cue weight from 16 to !7oz which has helped considerably when needing to moving the white distance.

Comment

A lot of players in my local leagues use 8mm-9mm for English pool.I play in Trent Trophies ,mostly and the league includes Lee Kendall,Gaz Potts,Adam Davis,Rob Wharne,Jimmy Croxton,Daz Shone,Steve Bridgwood,Liam White,Daz Lightfoot etc,etc,etc, you get my drift anyway.I am not saying that all these players use tip sizes within the aforementioned parameters,but a lot of the local league players do.

Comment

im using a 16 1/2 oz at the min like thanks for the posts

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                              A lot of players in my local leagues use 8mm-9mm for English pool.I play in Trent Trophies ,mostly and the league includes Lee Kendall,Gaz Potts,Adam Davis,Rob Wharne,Jimmy Croxton,Daz Shone,Steve Bridgwood,Liam White,Daz Lightfoot etc,etc,etc, you get my drift anyway.I am not saying that all these players use tip sizes within the aforementioned parameters,but a lot of the local league players do.
                              sounds like an awesome leauge ya play in old school playing that lot can only do your game good

Comment

Working...
                              X