Pool rules - no choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool rules - no choice?

TBH since I last played regularly the rules seem to have changed considerably.

One simple question eg : If there are two yellows and the black left on the table, both of them very close to, and covering access to, the black which is hanging on the edge of a pocket....

If it is my turn to play the black, but I am physically unable to hit the black, what are my options?

ie. If at any time during a game I am only able to play a foul shot, what happens?
    Only dead fish go with the flow!

That would depend on which rules you are playing.

Comment

Depends on whether its EPA (WEBF) or Blackball rules. Not sure what the answer would be in blackball, but in WEPF rules you'd have to resign yourself to fouling and giving away two shots. Then it's a matter of fouling in a way that prevents your opponent digging out and potting the two yellows. That might mean rolling the white up close to the yellows or away from them and leaving the white on the end rail.

I think in blackball it's loss of frame if you deliberately hit wrong ball first, but in your situation you have to foul, so I'd say the situation would be very similar.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

In some rules if there an "impossible" shot on it is a re-rack.

ATB
        Danny
        Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

In WEPF (World) Rules. Section W deals with this:

W. Impossible Shot A situation may arise during a frame where it is impossible for a player to play a shot without fouling. In such a situation the player has no other option but to commit a foul.

Comment

World rules ,resign yourself to giving your opponent two shots by committing a foul.Play it in such a way that your opponent has to waste a shot to dig one of the yellows out or has to commit a foul himself.If the other player fouls and you can not see both sides of your own ball i.e. the black , then foul snooker situation arises and you should win from that position.

Comment

Blackball rules impossible snooker results in a 9 ball re rack

Comment

A re-rack makes more sense - regardless of the rules. Thanks.

Comment

Its only a nine ball re rack if it's caused
                  by slow or negative play in blackball
                  If the game has gone on as normal and
                  the black gets covered
                  It would just be a re rack with all 15 balls
                  due to stalemate

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                    Its only a nine ball re rack if it's caused
                    by slow or negative play in blackball
                    If the game has gone on as normal and
                    the black gets covered
                    It would just be a re rack with all 15 balls
                    due to stalemate
                    Wow, very different rules. Is there anything like this in WPA 9 ball or 8 ball?
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I have another one....

On all shots, the player must:-
                      Cause the Cue Ball's initial contact with a ball to be with a ball "On", AND THEN
                      Pot a ball "On" OR; Cause the Cue Ball or any Object Ball to contact a cushion.
                      Does this mean I cannot play a snooker behind my ball unless I have made contact with a cushion first ie. roll up on to my ball without hitting a cushion?

Comment

No you cannot just roll up behind your ball and snooker your opponent it is a foul and will cost you 2 shots.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gapster View Post
                          I have another one....
                          Does this mean I cannot play a snooker behind my ball unless I have made contact with a cushion first ie. roll up on to my ball without hitting a cushion?
                          Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                          No you cannot just roll up behind your ball and snooker your opponent it is a foul and will cost you 2 shots.
                          And it would most likely be a Foul Snooker, so it could be not just 2 visits away but they could pickup and/or play a free ball as well
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Contact with the cushion is to be made
                            After hitting the on ball
                            So would be a foul in both world & blackball
                            Rules, along with the appropriate penalty

Comment

Had an 'impossible shot' situation with a difference in our league match last night. Our player was on yellows, but the cue ball had come to land in the middle of the table with two reds touching it. There was only one very narrow direction he could play the ball, but there was another red on the cushion preventing any escape off the cushion. He decided to play a deliberate foul by tapping the top of the cue ball without moving it.

Comment

Working...
                              X