No announcement yet.

Pool rules - no choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you can google cuetable and use the software and show us the layout of the table? or Draw a semi decent picture of the shot.

Comment

Your best option is to get a touching ball because then he has to play away with his first shot there is actually an escape if you play a shot hard off the jaw you could mount the rail risks three possible in offs but not the worst option to in in off i once played a positional shot mounting the rail a trial shot i used to play is just so long since i played it i forgot how to do it
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

In going to kill predictive text go in not in in trick shot not trial shot grrr
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

hey mate i play world rules in swansea pool league whats this business with the frozen cushion?

Comment

Thought re racks were a complete no-no in world rules.... you have to commit a foul & hope

Comment

Re -racks can happen in World Rules in certain circumstances a) Foul or unfair break i.e. four balls not being driven to a cushion on the break b) Potted black off the break c) Stalemate as defined by rules i.e three turns in succession with neither player hitting an object ball ( extremeley rare ). You are right in your suggestion of " commit a foul & hope " but not in re-rack statement.Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                Re -racks can happen in World Rules in certain circumstances a) Foul or unfair break i.e. four balls not being driven to a cushion on the break b) Potted black off the break c) Stalemate as defined by rules i.e three turns in succession with neither player hitting an object ball ( extremeley rare ). You are right in your suggestion of " commit a foul & hope " but not in re-rack statement.Hope this helps.
                Also where a serious foul is made and it's impossible to replace the balls? Example dropping your cue on the table which 'accidentally' moves all the balls and completely changes the game? Given I've retired from pool I might be wrong...!
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

They can happen
                  Just not that often
                  It's more likely to happen in blackball
                  rules

Comment

Mike the same applies to an " accidental shot out of turn " under serious foul rule.Player goes out of turn , ref deems it impossible to replace the balls in the " pre-shot " position , the ref gives the opponent the choice of playing from where the balls land OR re-play the frame.Re-rack would occur if the opponent wants the frame re-playing.Mike you may have retired , but you still got it.

Comment

in the various leagues i play in ( wpa rules to my knowledge ) , an impossible shot always results in a re-rack, with original breaking player to break.

the 8 ball re-rack is the referee's call, and should be put into play when negative play is forcing the impossible shot(or foul) .. ie, gradually trying to trap the white / object ball.

frozen ball is when the object ball is resting on a cushion - you cant just roll the white up to rest on it, the white ( or any other ball that comes into play ) must hit a cushion.

about the cue falling on table thing .. well as always, its down to the referee. the rules state that if any other ball other than the white ball is touched with the cue ( or hands/arms etc ) then its a loss of frame. i guess it would depend how badly the damage is

one of my team-mates was playing a game and the oponent answered his phone and had a conversation. completly outragous behaviour in a match. the worst of it is, one of our team was the ref. your supposed to be un-biased - of course - but that is ridiculous. was not happy with the ref at all after that

Comment

Working...
                      X