Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this cue shaped correctly? (peradon storm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this cue shaped correctly? (peradon storm)

My initial impression was that this new cue i received was bent, but I since was told by the supplier that it might be part of the design.
    Its the peradon storm 8 ball cue.
    I have a quick video here and would be thankful if anyone could shed any light on this.
    Grif

Sorry here is the link to vid

https://vimeo.com/36652318

Comment

Looks bent to me.
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Could it be intentionally shaved on one side to get the tip size down to the 7.7mm that it has Im wondering? Surely they would size it down evenly all around?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750
          You never roll a cue on a table to see if it's straight.
          You should hold up the cue to your eye (like a rifle) and slowly turn it, if it looks straight, it is !!!
          i pretty agree with that

Comment

Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
            but I since was told by the supplier that it might be part of the design.
            I have a quick video here and would be thankful if anyone could shed any light on this.
            Grif
            it should not have the bend that i can see.

although it is correct to say you should look down cue to 'spot' bends, it is also clear to see in video that you have quite a severe bend in a newly purchased cue.

for the supplier to suggest it may be 'part of the design' is laughable. unless this a radical new 'bent' design i've never heard of.

it is unacceptably warped, not just my opinion, fact, and should be sent back for an immediate replacement.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

At 13 seconds of the video, looking down the shaft, there looks to be a bend. As said above, you can't tell for sure by rolling a cue on the table.
              The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                At 13 seconds of the video, looking down the shaft, there looks to be a bend.
                absolutely spot on. i can see clearly this is not a gentle 'acceptable' bend, or uneven taper problem, in the cue.

it is a nasty bend that appears to go in two different directions right near the top of the cue and if anyone did look down the cue, it would look.....erm......let me think......ah yes......sh*t!
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

yea thanks lads,
                  You've reassured me on what I suspected myself.

Comment

well , nothing more to say as mike is one of the best in cuemaking . nice of him to
                    spend time to answer

Comment

Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by liquidsymphony View Post
                        well , nothing more to say as mike is one of the best in cuemaking . nice of him to
                        spend time to answer
                        kind words, thank you.

one thing i don't like, regardless of how much people spend on their cue, is a bullsh*t 'response' from sellers when there is clearly a problem.

may not be an expensive cue, but it should be better than that, and only right that it is exchanged at an early stage before any more excuses come.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Peradon are an excellent company and I am sure if they saw your video they would change it straight away. yes you should look down a cue to find the straightness, but if your not happy with your purchase take it back to the supplier because you will always blame the cue later on when it will be to late to return it.

Comment

best guess they made it into a pool spec cue quickly.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Seems very slighty warped to me, but should be alright, very negligible imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X