Buying a English pool cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a English pool cue

Im sure there's a load of these threads so my apologies, I'm looking to buy a new cue, I have been using a cheap Riley's snooker cue since I was about 10 years old and now I want something worth using, I was thinking of going to hamiltons in Hertfordshire but it seems they only really stock peradons and from the looks of things on here they're not popular, so any guidance on brands and or cue makers in the London area. I have specs in mind just need to know what to buy and where to buy it.
    Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Plenty of choices depending on your budget and your lead time.

Some of the guys are 8-12 months lead time.

Comment

I would stay clear of a peradon Cues as they really arent great cues at all.

As said it will depend on your budget and how quick you want the cue but ADR147 on here might have something for you Message him or Ring him Below.

Other People who would have plenty of Cues in stock is.............

Andrew - ADR147 on here: 01250 875802

Stu Green - Greenbaize: 01642 760888 - Tell him Gareth from Wales Told you to ring him.

Dave/Simon Brown - Craftsman Cues: 01132 865744 - Tell him Gareth from Wales Told you to ring him.

Gaz.

Comment

Thanks Gaz!
        My budget is around 150 quid maybe a lil more, I would like to try the cue first rather than just buying from the Internet and just hoping I like it, I did look at green baize but it's a fair old drive from where I am, looking for something a lil lighter, 3/4 jointed with an 8mm tip and 57" long

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post

Stu Green - Greenbaize: 01642 760888 - Tell him Gareth from Wales Told you to ring him.

Dave/Simon Brown - Craftsman Cues: 01132 865744 - Tell him Gareth from Wales Told you to ring him.

Gaz.
          You on commission Gareth lol

Comment

there is not really anwhere you can try it first other than stu green or craftsman on that budget because most top maker make cues to order.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Okay so from my budget perspective I have two options, do I order a master craft cue to my specifications and wait a couple months or do I make the 3 an a half hour journey to craftsman and take home a cue the same day, providing they have something that suits my specs...it's a tough one

Comment

My Advice is do the drive and get the right Cue for you that Feels right well worth it in the end m8 otherwise your buying blind!

Comment

Yeah I think I will do that, as I couldn't specify what weight I'm looking for just need to have a feel. Cheers guys

Comment

umm even then you can't be 100% sure!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
                      You on commission Gareth lol

No wish I was!....lol Just good friends.

Comment

Booters hasnt andrew anything for you he has Lots of Cues??

Comment

I did look on Andrew's eBay store and I do like the look of the mastercraft furious I'm just very worried about choosing the wrong weight, I don't particularly want to wait for 6 weeks and then not like it, would much rather try out a cue in person. I should really know what weight im after as I have played for years just never bought a cue before.

Comment

If you are spending £150 - I would defo try one out first. That's an investment and you gotta make sure it's right for you.

How did you get one - What did you buy in the end?

Comment

Unfortunately the only " try before you buy " options I know of are a) Craftsmans at Kippax , b) Chesworths at Sheffield & c) Green Baize at Thornaby , all of the aforesaid are in the North. Craftsmans have 150+ cues on display and an 8 ball and a snooker table to try your cue out.I have been there , taken 12 or so cues out of the racks and broke and played frames with each one before choosing a purchase.As long as you are not " extracting it " Dave and Simon are happy to let you " try before you buy". It might be worth the journey.ADR has more cues than are in his e-bay shop e.g. he had some ebony free Cue Craft cues ,pool spec for sale in 3/4 and one piece, why not ask him if he has any left ( £50 specials) if the cue is not perfect for your needs you would still have £100 out of your original budget for alterations e.g. weight or ferrule change and jointing.There is another alternative , some pool and snooker halls sell second hand (ex-members ) or new cues, why not see whats available locally, worth a shot and you get to see and handle the cue first.

Comment

Working...
                              X