As a percentage who plays under World 8 Ball Pool Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a percentage who plays under World 8 Ball Pool Rules

To settle a dispute: As a Percentage World Wide who plays under World 8 Ball Pool Rules?

Say UK County Matches - Internationals - General Pool Leagues in UK - World Countries.

My thoughts are that a high percentage of around 85% are playing under World 8 Ball Pool Rules.

Does anyone have any statistics of the percent I know the clue is in the word "World" but interested in facts.

dodger

It does very much vary from region to region within the UK and from country to country. I wouldn't have thought that World Rules would be as high as 85% though.

Comment

BlackBall for me in central Scotland.

Comment

A few years ago World rules was where pool was going over here in Northern Ireland but because of the tits that were running the game it has all but gone...Blackball seem to be the way it is going now....

Comment

Which is blackball rules?

East northants have wednesday rules - move white when two shots, pot one colour of break, your that colour. freeball etc

thursday rules = cannot move the white unless cannot see centre of ball, ball can only be placed in the dee, freeball is allowed.

Then superleagues and singles leagues are world rules.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post

East northants have wednesday rules - move white when two shots, pot one colour of break, your that colour. freeball etc

thursday rules = cannot move the white unless cannot see centre of ball, ball can only be placed in the dee, freeball is allowed.

very similar to us monday=your weds two shot carry free ball no delibrate foul
            tuesday=world rules, but blackball is making big strides lately

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post

Neither of them are Blackball rules.

Comment

In local pub leagues we play the old rules, in the County matches we use world rules, I don't think that it will be 85% of people using world rules probably closer to 55-65% :snooker:
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

UK Inter-County Pool = World 8 Ball Pool Rules ?

Internationals = World 8 Ball Pool Rules ?

Superleague = World 8 Ball Pool Rules ?

Individual UK City/Town Leagues = Various including World 8 Ball Pool Rules ?

Comment

Trent Trophies , Afford , Super League and Inter League , County and UK trials matches are all World Rules. In my area N.Staffs we play World Rules but there are " old rules " leagues still playing , although all the ranking leagues are World Rules. Other formats are played , but for ranking points etc you need to play WR.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
                      It does very much vary from region to region within the UK and from country to country. I wouldn't have thought that World Rules would be as high as 85% though.
                      rules vary pub to pub from my experience ive never found a pub with exactly the same rules some play bank the black some dont some play one on the black some dont some play behind the line some play d
                      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                        rules vary pub to pub from my experience ive never found a pub with exactly the same rules some play bank the black some dont some play one on the black some dont some play behind the line some play d
                        Well there's 101 variations of pub rules, but I was referring to more organised matches... leagues, county etc.

Comment

In South Wales, they tend to be a variation of BAPTO rules ie no deliberate fouls allowed, cue ball from d if desired following any foul, combination shots allowed. Don't play county any more, but I think the Welsh counties play these rules as well.

Comment

As a percentage who plays under World 8 Ball Pool Rules

I play blackball in one league
                            World rules in another
                            County in blackball
                            Interleague world rules
                            And various tournaments playing one or the other

Comment

We play world rules here some states also play American rules in 8 9 10 ball

Comment

Working...
                              X