Pool rule help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool rule help

Hi, wondered if anyone could help me. If I was say, yellows and I potted my yellow and snookered myself in a position impossible to get out of would this be treated the same as it would if my opponent had put me there ie re-rack?

Many thanks, Will :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

All depends on what rules you're playing I guess.

In World Rules, in no circumstances does an impossible shot give rise to a re-rack. You just have to play a foul, and take the consequences.

I *think* this is the same in old EPA rules, but not 100% sure. I have no idea what Black Ball rules state, I'm afraid.

Comment

Sorry didn't say, I meant old rules :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

[QUOTE=willtyson:632109]Hi, wondered if anyone could help me. If I was say, yellows and I potted my yellow and snookered myself in a position impossible to get out of would this be treated the same as it would if my opponent had put me there ie re-rack?

Many thanks, Will :snooker:[/QUOTE

Just pulled this off the epa website

Should any situation arise whereby a legal shot is IMPOSSIBLE to play, then the game shall be restarted by the player who started that frame, whether this situation has been arrived at by accident or design.

Comment

You beat me to it! So yes, in the OPs scenario, it doesn't seem to matter whether the striker or the previous player created the impossible shot... it will still be a re-rack.

Comment

Thanks guys! Thought it was, but like second opinions :snooker:

Comment

Even play the re-rack in wales :P lol

Comment

Pool rule help

The blackball rules goes to a 9 ball re rack ie 4 yellows and 4 reds and black!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
                  The blackball rules goes to a 9 ball re rack ie 4 yellows and 4 reds and black!!!!
                  Only goes to a 9 ball if its caused by negative play i think

If its an accident, as wills situation seems to be, its a 15 ball re rack if i remember correctly

Comment

ridiculous rule if you snooker yourself why should you be allowed to get away with it its your own fault for being in an impossible position
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Working...
                    X