Cue Tip for Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Tip for Pool

Are there cue tips that are better for playing pool with or are they just the same as snooker ones?

Have a look in the accessories folder mate, there are quite a few threads on this subject :snooker:

Comment

If your playing English 8 ball pool, you'll find that people use the same tips as used for snooker i.e Elkmaster, Diamond, Talisman etc.. Its usually down to players preference.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

nothing wrong with a nice 8 mill elk
          tha what!

Comment

I tokk Chappers advice and fitted an 11mm Kamui and took it down. Plays really well, made the fatal error of fitting a 14mm previously and taking it down to 9mm probably changed the characteristics completely. Most consistent tip I've ever had.

Comment

What Kamui did you put on mrbluejay was it a soft or medium ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappers View Post
                What Kamui did you put on mrbluejay was it a soft or medium ?
                Medium mate, so far very good.

Comment

A friend who used to play for England plays with a 9mm Elk. You don't need a ridiculously small tip to play English 8. A lot of folk like blue diamonds, as this softer tip isn't beat up by pool balls, as it would be in snooker. But I would go for a laminated tip, Talisman, Kamui, Phoenix at medium hardness. As ADR147 says, play with the hardest tip you can get away with; pool, snooker or billiards.
                  Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Is there a tip which gives better spin, or is it down to cue action only...?
                    Only dead fish go with the flow!

Comment

Kamui tips (medium) are quality as are the Phoenix. Defo recommend a Phoenix soft for pool you will get plenty of play out if one and lots of reaction and I mean a lot if cue well. Nice on the soft screw!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X