No announcement yet.

County Pool Teams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive heard alot about it going down hill.

Do you think this is the EPA in general?

I entered the UK nationals at Yarmouth and i was surprised how badly it was organised let alone how rudely people were being spoken to by the organiser!
    JFT96 YNWA

Comment

County Pool Teams.

Blimey, if you think the Yarmouth tournies are run badly you should try the bapto

Comment

Unfortunately being spoken too like S**T is an all too common thing at EPA comps at Yarmouth. Over time you get used to it.
        Its a shame that the top table don't realise, that all players from the new to the old faithful pay their money to enter these comps. A little bit of politeness would'nt go a miss.
        It dosn't show the EPA in a very good way to new people who enter these comps for the first time and possibly won't enter again.

Comment

Hi Mick, 100 miles is about the closest we get and 200 round journey about the furthest. I don't know how they figure the regions out for county games.

Comment

County Pool Teams.

Trouble is with ours is that none of the adjoining counties have bb county teams
            So all our games tend to be in London. Last year we played in the midland region which was just as bad for us
            All our journeys are 100 miles at least each way,I know they all have to come to us but we have to do it five or six times where as they have short trips between and one long one
            Just geography I suppose

Comment

You must have a dedicated team Mick. Some of my team even moan about playing home games !!
              I think as more teams enter BB county the regions will be better set up and cut down on travelling.

Comment

County Pool Teams.

You'd think so but at 10 Sunday morning when we were about to leave we only had 8 bods for an away game
                Had to get a lad out of bed

Comment

We usually grab random strangers off the street at the venue were playing at and give them a cue.

Comment

I used to play County for Surrey, but I'm looking at playing BlackBall next year.
                    Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
                    Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
                    Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
                    Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

Over the last few weeks i've been invited to a few Blackball comps. It seems they've taken the place of a couple of World rules comps.
                      It looks like a fair few players are going to enter. I think they'll try the rules out and if they like them I dare say they'll swop over.
                      P.s "its nice to have a choice"

Comment

County Pool Teams.

Where at chappers?
                        Open to anyone?

Comment

Hi Mick. The comps are local to me me in the West Mids. Anyone can enter and entries usually £5.
                          I'm still waiting for details on other ones i,e dates, price etc.
                          If I get info on any comps (especialy ones a bit closer to you Mick) i'll put post them.

Comment

County Pool Teams.

Cheers mate

Comment

County Pool Teams.

if anyone is interested we have a 4 man team comp this Saturday at Nottinghamshire's new blackball venue at the towers in Mansfield, it's £30 per team and cash can be won, message me if you want any more information, also there is an exhibition by mick hill this Friday at the towers so feel free to come down as it'll be a great night to open our new blackball centre

Comment

i play for Northamptonshire B so in your region chappers. i only joined this season and after a bad start i finished the season on played 28 won 17 so i won 60.71% im happy with that for a first season. next season hoping for 70% averages or better.

Comment

Working...
                                X