Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JLEC English Open and JLEC English Amateur Championships from Bradford - live NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLEC English Open and JLEC English Amateur Championships from Bradford - live NOW!

Good afternoon everyone.

We are now down to the final 64 of the JLEC English 8 Ball Pool Open live from The Hilton Bradford, and invite anyone who loves their cue sports to watch live via http://www.ipapooltour.com/tour-extra/live-streaming/ or catch all the results on Twitter @ipa8ball pool. Six world champions are still in as I write (Mick Hill, Adam Davis, Phil Harrison, Carl Morris, Jason Twist and Gareth Potts), and with new DPT tables, Strachan cloth, Aramith balls, and twenty one tables in the one venue, the atmosphere is well worth tuning in to? Alternatively, join us on Facebook (IPA International Pool Players Association) and feel free to ask any (sensible) questions?

Sean Trivass
    IPA Press Officer

Nice site watched some good pool.

Comment

Excellent stream too
      Not really my thing but good tactics going on

Comment

The new IPA set up looks good from what i've seen and heard.
        Shame its not played in the Midlands any more !!

Comment

Full tour list available on the website www.ipapooltour.com, last event (before this) was held in Birmingham which is Midlands to me?

Sean

Comment

Hi Sean. We used to call it the Midlands tour when I played on it : Hinckley, Daventry and Telford !!
            I used to save a fortune on hotel fees ! Its nice to see it now being played at different venues. At least it gives the players one local venue instead of travelling to the same ones all the time.

Comment

I am not even good enough at the game to be allowed to watch without permission lol so nice to talk to a proper player. Good to travel sometimes but as Press Officer I have to drive to wherever - good to meet new people though, and the tour is gaining strength event by event -feel free to spread the word!

Comment

thanks for posting the link, I'm enjoying watching it ... the pro final is due to start soon if anyone's interested ...

Comment

Just waiting for the second semi to finish and we can crack on - could be a late one but well worth staying up for!

Comment

Due to it being the first year of the new look IPA Tour, I think players are watching from the sidelines. If it carries on as its started this year with, new sponsors, venues, competitions and gets the recognition and reputation as the best Tour to play on you'll see a lot more new entries the start of the next Tour.
                    p.s nice to see the IPA on TSF

Comment

Nice to be here and to have been made so welcome - thank you all.

Comment

I was enjoying it until i watched the game with Farnsworth in it this bloke needs to learn how to play thought he was rubbish. Taking nearly 2 minutes to play a shot at times . When i asked about it in the chat room got told he got on the grog the night before. To me there are no reasons to take nearly 2 minutes a shot WR state 1 minute a shot or it is a foul 2 shots. Can understand why a lot people dont like the game. RULES are the RULES no matter WHO you are.

Comment

Not defending anyone but in this competition due to the number of games we did not have referees or stopwatches until the final, and were effectively self policing. My apologies if this spoilt your enjoyment and I will pass the message on to see if any changes can be made in time for the next tournament?

Comment

What time did it finish then, and who won ??
                            When i was watching on afternoon when Potts won, you were saying final was going to start around 7pm lol

Comment

Have you never heard of wishful thinking lol? Finished at silly o'clock (about 2.30am I think), and the new English Open Champion is none other than Ronan McCarthy who beat Marc Farnsworth 8-6 in the final after a great battle worth staying up for. More importantly (?), thank you for your input and support, we will be back from Bracknell in September so watch this space for updates!

Comment

Working...
                              X