Local pool averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local pool averages

Hi guys, i have took up the responsibillity to put the averages on for my local pool league and I need some advice on how to do it and i need some advice of someone who has had the experiance in doing this. Eg tips on how to do percentages and quickest ways to get it done fast.

Played 6 won 3. multiply games won by 100 and divide by games played. 3 x 100 = 300/6 =50%
    played 19 won 11, 11 x 100 =1100 divide by 19 = 57.89% and so on.

Comment

Can you spreadsheets like Excel? That will be the easiest way to do it all.

Comment

I have been doing the same thing for my team for many years with Excel.
        Easy (when you know how) but can become cumbersome when dealing with the members of multiple teams, but still very possible.
        I believe there are several software applications out there that can do this - database type thing - but not found any that did what I wanted in Excel
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Local pool averages

Thats guys how long do you think it will take me we have 3 divisions around 8 to 10 in each league and we have meetings every fortnight which i can collect the sheets

Comment

Shouldn't take more than half an hour to do an update, once it's all set up.

Comment

If you want to message me, maybe I can show you some examples of what others do, and maybe I might think about devising my own little spreadsheet!

Comment

averages

Yes please

Comment

Afford Pool League , Chaired by George Bradbury ( Stoke-on-Trent ), has been doing this for a while. You could try to source an e-mail address and ask him how he sets his up.

Comment

do the average for the first player and drag the formula down you will only have to do the averages for one player the rest just drag
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Local pool averages

Little miss, how does that work if you only put one players name on the spreadsheet

Comment

Averages??

So played 1 won 1 wins your player of the year?
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Harrysalad View Post
                          Little miss, how does that work if you only put one players name on the spreadsheet
                          you piut the stats in for each player just averages you drag obviously
                          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            Averages??

So played 1 won 1 wins your player of the year?
                            The way we do its the most wins first.

So if you won 7 out of ten, you would be above 6 out 6.

Percentage only counts when both recorded same number of wins.

Comment

Yep so not averages at all then? Same around here..
                              It's just number of won frames.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Old cue collector --
                              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X