8 ball practise needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 ball practise needed!

does anyone have any practise tips for 8 ball or anything regarding improving your game? im trialling for county at the next trials and I want to put in as much practise as I can! any tips will be helpful!

8 ball practise needed!

wen i did play use to break them open but played as if u was playing someone else i.e played the snookers and stuff but found playing against other ppl helped more

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

cheers that's how I'm practising at the
      minute or sometimes line them up down the middle of the table, out of interest why cue do you use for 8 ball?

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

wen i played used 9.4mm tip but guess it's down to wot u like and feel good wiv

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

I've been playing with a 9mm tip for around 7-8 months and I'm not sure whether to try a laminated tip or not

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

try it nothing to lose a lot of my mates play pool to a good level and they like harder tip

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

I might give a talisman a go!

Comment

There is a book called On Cue that is worth a read for 8ball pool

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

I might give a talisman a go!

Comment

As Mopster said the book On Cue-the complete guide to pool by Mark Shepherd is definitely worth getting. Its the only book On UK pool I know of and takes you through every aspect of the game in detail.

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeeyw View Post
                      does anyone have any practise tips for 8 ball or anything regarding improving your game? im trialling for county at the next trials and I want to put in as much practise as I can! any tips will be helpful!
                      Play someone of equal or higher standard for money. Sets to 6 for £10 or £20 a set. It'll help you focus on what you're doing,
                      as it's difficult to get into your "match" frame of mind, otherwise . IMHO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I play mostly 8ball and use a kamui tip. Chapters on here put me on to them and I love them - medium for me.

Comment

8 ball practise needed!

thanks for the advice everyone! what makes a laminated tip better from the rest? sorry i don't know too much about tips I've always used elks and blue diamonds

Comment

Originally Posted by shanerayner28 View Post
                            wen i did play use to break them open but played as if u was playing someone else i.e played the snookers and stuff but found playing against other ppl helped more
                            When i used to play id break then clear up thats when your ready

Comment

What rules? World or Blackball?

Comment

Working...
                              X