break cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
    I found that stun made the ball leave the table on occasion, but I guess each person's stun shot can be a bit different, yours being better than mine! Not least I preferred a bit of screw because of the increased control of what the white did after impact and where it landed.
    my stun isnt the best. however, what i do know is yer take the power out of the shot, an stab into the place on the white. if yer push it through, yer effectively putting top on it, that will always create the white jumping.

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
      my stun isnt the best. however, what i do know is yer take the power out of the shot, an stab into the place on the white. if yer push it through, yer effectively putting top on it, that will always create the white jumping.
      I think that could be it. Don't play pool much anymore but it's a tip for snooker as well. I'll have to look at that next time at the club. ;-)
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Hi, i play pool for Wales, and i go with the option of using a breaking cue. My playing cue is a 3/4 jointed custom made cue, made from ash and the tip size is 8mm. Now, my breaking cue is a one-piece cue, which is much heavier than my playing cue, and the tip size of this cue is 11mm which i find is great for breaking the balls effectively.

Comment

I use a 9mm cue to break and a 8mm North West cue to play with. In the same league someone uses a 7mm tip to break and shatters the balls with it. just weird.

Comment

Working...
          X